Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are the laws for importing alcohol into the U.S.?

I'm not sure of what you can or can't bring into the U.S. Is it legal to import absinthe into the U.S.? I know it was illegal for a time here, but I don't know if it still is illegal to bring non-authorized absinthe into the U.S.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • xaxorm
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Absinthe is STILL prohibited depending on the quantity of thujone and other subjective determinations, even though some real absinthe can be made and sold in the US. Importing it is another matter.

"The importation of absinthe is subject to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations (21 C.F.R. 172.510 and the Department of the Treasury’s Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau regulations (27 C.F.R. Parts 13.51, 5.42(a), and 5.65. The absinthe content must be “thujone free” (that is, it must contain less than 100 parts per million of thujone); the term “absinthe” cannot be the brand name; the term “absinthe” cannot stand alone on the label; and the artwork and/or graphics cannot project images of hallucinogenic, psychotropic or mind-altering effects. Absinthe imported in violation of these regulations is subject to seizure."

• defouw
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

A entirely automated AK forty seven fee $10 greenbacks within the Middle East. In jap Europe any computing device gun can also be had for $50. Do you fairly believe that the narco terrorists are fairly purchasing US looking rifles in significant numbers. Regardless whether or not drug purchasers in Mexico are purchasing guns illegally or that New Yorkers are purchasing weapons within the South it does no longer provide anybody license to violate my ordinary rights. Why no longer arm your residents and lead them to trustworthy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.