Alice in Wonderland Themed Photo Shoot -- Opinion = Easy Points :D?

Just want your personal opinion: I am doing a photo shoot as part of an art project and I have chosen to do an Alice in Wonderland Theme. I am looking into getting props and such but I was wondering how similar do you think I should keep the pictures to the book? I plan to use a wooded area as my setting and use... show more Just want your personal opinion:

I am doing a photo shoot as part of an art project and I have chosen to do an Alice in Wonderland Theme. I am looking into getting props and such but I was wondering how similar do you think I should keep the pictures to the book? I plan to use a wooded area as my setting and use props related to the film (such as pocket watch, tea pot etc.) but I'm wondering how similar I should keep things such as clothes? I'm not talking bunny ears or tails :P

To summarise: how similar do you think MY Alice (and other characters but mainly Alice) should be to the Alice in the Disney movies? Blue dress? Long blonde hair? Etc. etc. (:
Update: Sorry, david f, I didn't realise that "DISNEY MOVIE" wasn't clear enough. My sincere appologies. I am refering to the movie, which happens to be a Disney movie, of the story of Alice In Wonderland. It was Walt Disney's 13th animated classic.
Update 2: You read my mind, Reesary :P I've just ordered (extremely cheaply, I might add) the book from Amazon so I shall be reading that :D I do WANT to follow the Disney pictures to a T but I'm worried straying from it might, as someone else posted, make it seem tacky :/ But I guess it's taking the risk.