? asked in SportsBaseball · 10 years ago

Who is the biggest surprise of the season so far?

Alex Gonzalez Home Run numbers?

Andre Either all around game?

The Rookie Austin Jackson?

Livan Hernandez ERA?

Tyler Clippard leading the league in wins.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ubaldo Jimenez of the Colorado Rockies. 6-1 record with a no-hitter in April, 0.93 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 48.1 innings. No doubt by far the most underrated team and player in the MLB

• 10 years ago

Dallas Braden's Perfect Game

He had a 4.14 ERA before the game! And it was against Tampa Bay, who has the best record in baseball.

I love Livan Hernandez, but he won't keep it up all season. Neither will Austin Jackson.

• 3 years ago

Cowboys - i'm no longer shocked in any respect. Their head coach is an entire fool and their offensive coordinator over complicates issues way too lots. in the event that they could only line up and play soccer love that's meant to be performed they could be advantageous. all the unfold formations and action are issues you do to capture up on loss of skills, no longer in spite of the skills you have. Bucs - no longer so marvelous. they only beat the Browns and Panthers. countless human beings will do this in the past the tip of the season. Chiefs - sure, it exchange into marvelous the took down the Chargers, yet that exchange into interior the pouring rain. the 2d win exchange into over the Browns. no longer infrequently a ask your self. do no longer guess the farm on them. Vikings - Favre spectacular? What scale are you measuring that on? on the very ultimate he's time-honored this year. Steelers have gained 2 video games that no person has estimated them too, so as that does say something. they have their protection to thank for it with the aid of stepping as much as the annoying circumstances. Texans - they have looked large. they have examined they'd draw close in there and convey offensively with any team interior the league. I assume them to blow out the Cowboys this weekend. the main rather for my section is the Lions have faith it or no longer. they could have overwhelmed the Bears aside from one debatable call, and got here interior of three factors of thrashing the Eagles. No, they gained't make the playoffs, yet they're manning up and enjoying frustrating middle against very stable communities.

• 10 years ago

I would have to go with Ubaldo Jimenez of the Colorado Rockies so far. No one expected this from him. He has already thrown a no hitter. His ERA is below a 1.00 at 0.93. He leads the leagues in Wins with 6. He is looking like a CY Young Candiate next to Roy Halladay who we all knew would be great. I think he is having the best start to the season and has been a real suprise to everyone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Dallas Braden's perfect game.

Yankee prospects (1 of which was traded) Brett Gardner and Austin Jackson among the league leaders in batting average. (They were both considered top fielders and Jackson was presumed to be capable of a high average, but not necessarily as a rookie.)

• 10 years ago

Austin Jackson since the knock on him coming in was whether he he was advanced enough to hit at this level. I'm sure his numbers will come back down to earth since his periphery numbers (i.e. BABIP) are so out of whack and his SO totals are pretty high.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

The success of the San Diego Padres

• 10 years ago

Livan's ERA. His career average is a 3.97.

• 10 years ago

How bout the Seattle Mariners...everyone had thought with their pitching and with their lineup they would be contending with the Angels for that divison. They have been a suprise disappointment.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Dallas Braden perfect game!

i was shocked that he pitched a perfect game. It just happened last year and its too rare for it to happen in consecutive years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.