What do turtles eat? Is it okay if they eat lettuce?

Ok, so my cousin bought a pet turtle. (Please don't ask me what kind of turtle is... just a normal turtle you would see at the pet store I guess...) And he was assigned a specific kind of turtle food, but it won't eat it. My cousin is worried. But when I called her to ask if her turtle was ok, she said she... show more Ok, so my cousin bought a pet turtle. (Please don't ask me what kind of turtle is... just a normal turtle you would see at the pet store I guess...) And he was assigned a specific kind of turtle food, but it won't eat it. My cousin is worried. But when I called her to ask if her turtle was ok, she said she was giving it lettuce and celery and it ate it because she heard that it was okay for turtles to eat that. Is she right? Is it okay for turtles to eat that? If yes, what else can it eat? If no, what could it eat? Sorry, about the thousands of questions.. it just that I want her pet to be okay.. what if the turtle died like MY first pet, Mr Fluff the rabbit? Sorry, off topic... well anyway answer if you can!
4 answers 4