What is the Love Dare?

The 40 day Love Dare

Favorite Answer

The Love Dare is a non-fiction marriage-related book written by Alex and Stephen Kendrick. It is a 40-day Christian devotional designed to strengthen marriages. Each daily devotion includes scripture, a statement of principle, the day’s "dare," and a journaling area and check box to chart progress. It is used in the storyline for the 2008 film, Fireproof,[1] which is directed by author Alex Kendrick. For Valentine's Day, Day 1 and Day 2 of The Love Dare were published on the Baptist Press' website, with permission of B & H Publishing Group.

The Love Dare has sold over three million copies,[2] with at least 3.5 million copies in print.[3] It has spent over 60 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller list, and received the Platinum Award (more than 1 million sold) from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (EPCA) in April 2009.[2] Now translated into over 20 languages, The Love Dare is quickly expanding to other countries. Alex and Stephen Kendrick have written a second book released in the fall of 2009 called "Love Dare Day by Day", a one year devotional for couples.

Source(s): You must do something for your spouse everyday whether you want to,feel like it or not.

I did the Love Dare. That was the best decision of my life. It wasn't easy but I recommend it highly. My wife and I are happier now than we have ever been.