"Live your life first!" before having a baby - What exactly does this mean?

As a relatively young person in a very stable relationship mutually wanting to have our first child with my partner, I get told this a lot. I just want to know what is SO GOOD in life that it's worth postponing what I believe to be the best existance in the world - Being a parent. Major travellling can come... show more As a relatively young person in a very stable relationship mutually wanting to have our first child with my partner, I get told this a lot. I just want to know what is SO GOOD in life that it's worth postponing what I believe to be the best existance in the world - Being a parent. Major travellling can come when the kids have flown the nest, study (On my part, as my partner brings in the money) can get serious when the kids are in school... Am I being naive, or missing something? What IS "Living your life first"?