? asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

What computer parts would you recommend for a $1200 budget?

i have saved up $1200 to build a gaming computer. what parts (graphics card, processor, sound card, etc) would you recommend? what part should i spend the most on?

Favorite Answer

I'm pretty sure your asking for the parts to build one not a computer already made. I can't make a list for you that would defeat the purpose of making a custom gaming machine.

I will tell you that your going to want to get a nice processor and graphics card with the bulk of the cash.

Other than that you just want to make sure you have a good amount of ram and check for a nice cheap motherboard.

Like the guy above me tried to point out you need to find the best deal for the best product.

I'd suggest going to Newegg or Tiger Direct and checking out the prices, making a list of all the necessities and putting a budget on each part.

Once you've done that then you can narrow down the possible products and eventually you'll have yourself everything you need with some assembly required.

Just make sure everything is compatible (see how much ram your motherboard can take, make sure the power supply can run it all) I think your question is asking too much, maybe after you've done some of these things you can come back with more specific questions like "which of these graphics cards is best" or something.

This is not going to be an easy task, if you want to start from scratch you'll need to study up on some things and might I suggest getting a barebone kit, that can at least help start you off.

Also a good computer isn't that pricey, just a couple hundred more than building it yourself if you can find a good deal. You've saved up a good amount of money, a little more can get you a ready to go computer with warranty. Build it yourself and something goes wrong you may end up pouring a lot more money into the project than you wanted.

Source(s): some computer building experience.

Matt said it pretty well. (Thanks Matt)

I'd recommend an AMD chip over Intel, simply for the performance-to-dollar ratio. They have ALWAYS been better in that aspect than Intel. You won't get the fastest chip around but if you buy a good AMD chip and set up the system right I guarantee the only place you'll see the difference is in benchmarking programs and your wallet.

You can build an excellent system in your budget. You can get a 3.4GHz quad-core Phenom II processor for less than $200 delivered. Add $125 for a Crossfire-capable Asus motherboard and $150 for an HD4870 video card (get two if the budget allows) and you've got plenty left for a good PSU (important with higher-end video cards), RAM and hard drives.

Lurking - that is a great equipment. many human beings here have recommended that the Intel middle i5-2500k is the terrific bang for the greenback for gaming and NewEgg has it for $220 that's variety of $one hundred reductions. placed the further funds into perhaps an more advantageous no longer basic tension or extra effective video card.

Get a Phenom II X4 955 and (2) Radeon 5850s:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/577/cart.png

depends on what you're using the computer for. I would mainly focus on CPU (Core i5, i7) and RAM (around 4 -8GB), but for specific uses, you should spend more on:

Gaming -> Video Card, Sound Card

Music/Video Editing -> Hard Drive, Video Card,

Multimedia -> Hard drive, Sound Card, Video Card

Also, are you starting out new or bringing old components (keyboard, monitor, etc) from your old computer too?

I think you should go for a HP systems which are also good for gaming purpose and comes under your budget.

So I will suggest that you should go for a HP laptops, you can also have a look @ some other laptops too.

Well this is really where research comes in.People on here are only going to tell you to get what they hear is good and suggest the ones that they have.So you really need to take what you need and do your homework..Go to all the major companies websites,HP,Mac,Dell to start and see what they have to offer for what you need and at what price.

Source(s): Oh and by the way i have a dell and got a replacement computer and i was sent an alienware..Way overpriced and is not that good of a computer and they are super heavy..My laptop weighs 15 pounds,no joke.A basic computer does the same thing as this one..This computer sucks and they are way overpriced..That is the only one i wouldnt recommend.

Aleinware