Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 years ago

Eli Lilly ethics case for business course?

My group is given an ethics case about Eli Lilly & pharmaceutical companies making unethical marketing on consumers.

Eli Lilly funded a campaign (about getting help for depression) that was ran by the National Mental Health Association. The ads (on TV & magazines) didn't mention Prozac, but they did noted that financial funding was provided by Eli Lilly. Another company, Genetech, was indicted for 'bribing' a doctor to prescribe its growth hormone, which resulted in twice the amount sold than predicted for the people who really needed it.

My group is the side that has to point out the unethical-ness of this situation. My teammates' topics are Eli Lilly's stock prices, bribing doctors, and misleading the consumers. I have no idea what my topic should be. I thought about how the FDA changed regulations for advertising and how drug companies are exploiting that (and getting fined)...but I don't think I can speak for 3 minutes about that. I need a concrete idea so I can run my mouth for 3 min. presenting it in front of class. It can definitely be several small ideas so I can have more to talk, but if there's a big catchy idea, that will work, too.

Please help! Thanks! :oD

Favorite Answer

You may find some usable info in these cases.~

#

High Tech Views - Life Science - Case Study: Eli Lilly and ...

Case Study: Eli Lilly and Using IT to Accelerate Research ... A few years ago, if a chemist at Eli Lilly and Co. enjoyed an "ah-ha" moment about a new substance that might ...

www.hightechviews.com/index.php?sectionID=4&articleID=62 - Cached

#

Eli Lilly Loses Infringement Case

A Massachusetts jury awarded Ariad Pharmaceuticals Inc. $65.2 million in back royalties in its infringement case against Eli Lilly & Co., and also ordered Eli Lilly ...

insidecounsel.com/.../Eli-Lilly-Loses-Infringement-Case.aspx - Cached

#

LegalNewsline | Eli Lilly case goes forward

That was Oct. 21, and on Wednesday Eli Lilly filed a motion for an extension of time to complete discovery which included a suggested revised case schedule. ...

legalnewsline.com/news/217559-eli-lilly-case-goes-forward - Cached

#

LegalNewsline | Remaining AGs not willfully handing over ...

LegalNewsline - Remaining AGs not willfully handing over medical records in Eli Lilly case

legalnewsline.com/news/216626-remaining-ags-not-willfully... - Cached

#

Eli Lilly Loses Patent Infringement Case - Newsroom - Inside ...

Eli Lilly Loses Patent Infringement Case. InsideINdianaBusiness.com Report ... INDIANAPOLIS -- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) today announced that a jury in the U.S. ...

www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=17906 - Cached

#

"Eli Lilly and the Case for the Corporate Death Penalty"

Top News Corrupt Practices Pharma "Eli Lilly and the Case for the Corporate Death Penalty" "Eli Lilly and the Case for the Corporate Death Penalty" ...

www.ahrp.org/cms/content/view/534/109 - Cached

• Erika

Eli Lilly Case Study

She was on a probation period which she can be fired at any time and not given a reason, sorry.