Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 10 years ago

Are more men negatively labelled quickly now as what women wants varies so wildly?

I mean a man wants, food, sex and for a woman not to talk endlessly. That hasnt changed for 1000's of years. What i'm wondering if I can't understand the minds of fellow females, how are men supposed to be able to? Are men being attacked and labelled when there only crime is they're not mind readers. I think they are and what's the wider societal consequence of this gender confusion?

Best Answer

If I was a man I would be insulted at your simplistic interpretation of men. You don't know men anymore than you know women.

I see one agrees with you- but then that one is quite simple.

• Helena

This gives me a whole new perspective on you. Are all of these submissive, anti woman issues you keep raising because you can't connect with men? What a awful thing to say about them. I have found that girls with fathers like that blame themselves for their father not loving or even noticing them. :-( Could that make an adult believe that cooking and having sex on demand and not talking to a man is the way to get that love?

I assure you men are human beings too with emotional and intellectual needs just as diverse as women's. Communication is the way to understand each other. My husband understands me and I understand him - nobody talks endlessly but we do talk. Food and sex are things we enjoy together.

Men also need love and intellect.

The only women who attack men for being male are those of shallow tendencies who have yet to become women.

The connection between the two when accepted and embraced for each unique quality is a fusion of inseparable proportions.

• John

I find the first sentence a bit offensive: "a man wants, food, sex and for a woman not to talk endlessly"...that's such a cliché and generalization, how many times do we have to say it - WE'RE NOT NEANDERTHALS! We do have emotions too you know. We don't all walk around with hunch-backs, dragging our knuckles along the floor, grunting and beating our chest.

Dear Jill, So, what is the question? I just assumed that I stood for what seemed liked hours waiting on the lady I was with that day that she was indulging on some kind of crazy, hot, kinky, anonymous lesbian sex or maybe she was having trouble trying to get her syringe to work, everyone knows that the loo is a common place for people to do drugs. Now, I think that I have better insight on why you girls take so long!! Loved your story!!

I like to think that men want more then just food, sex and women to shut up.

I think you're crazy. An intelligent and successful man knows how to work a woman in any way he wants.

Food, sex and a women that doesn't gossip endlessly.

This is exactly why I'm searching for a deaf mute woman.

You sure have men's wants figured out don't you? Men aren't that simple.

there is far more to the male experience than food sex and silence........we have minds to think and a whole range of emotions......women are far from understanding us.