Help with "Star of Bethlehem" flowers?

My daughter gave me the flower "star of Bethlehem" for Mothers Day and I looked online how to take care of it outside but couldn't find anything on how to take care of it inside so I'm thinking you have to grow it outside. If you know please let me know. Thanks. And I'll also take any info on the subject.

Favorite Answer

http://www.prod.bulbsonline.org/ibc/cn/publiek/flo...

give them a spot all their own , somewhere that other plants will fill in a little nearby.... like with a later bloomer... mine live with the Rudbeckia, on the edge of the bed... so by the time they're dying off, the Rudies are growing over them..... lovely plant... increases nicely, too.... in my zone, 7, I don't mulch them and they do fine...in colder zones, you might want to cover with leaves or a finely shredded bark mulch.....something they can push thru in spring or you remember to open up the area for them....also suggest you find a 'pick' with a star on it or a name tag thing to place where they are, so that when they disappear, you won't plant on top of them!.... I almost lost mine for that reason!....

The one that I know of as Star of Bethlehem is a spring bulb that has a small white flower. Just plant it outside. It will die down but will return next spring. Well I guess if you have cold winters where you live.

How can you kill these out?