Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what is difference between crash/ride and a crash?

i have a crash/ride and i want to get a crash and i want to no if thieres a difference between thhose 2 cymbals and what size should i get?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

While crash cymbals are usually in 15" to 19" sizes and crash rides are larger cymbals as ride cymbals. Crash rides are heavier than ride cymbals due to their profiles. Ride cymbals are thinner at their edges, crash rides have thicker edge profiles that makes them heavier. Crash rides are hybrid cymbals that are can be used both as crash and ride. They are louder than ride cymbals with a lot of sustain.

If you have a crash ride and like to get a crash cymbal, this will be most likely a much smaller size than your existing crash ride to have a difference in crash sound as 15" to 19" range.

We hope this helps.

• 4 years ago

a splash cymbal is a small cymbal between 5 and thirteen inches which you hit like a crash cymbal and it appears like a splash in water a journey cymbal is a cymbal between 18 and 30 inches which you hit on proper and on the bell to get a ping sound you ought to get a 20 inch journey to positioned on the appropriate portion of your kit in the back of the floor tom in case you want to get a splash thats positive yet once you want to pass enormous thats cool additionally ive basically been enjoying for some months yet i already have a splash hi-hats 3 crash cymbals a china and a journey and im making plans on getting extra

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.