How much on average does a house cost per month?

My Fiance's Dad is selling a house for 65.000, If we are interested he is going to refurbish it and lower the price to 60.000. It has 3 bedrooms.

First of all, do mortage companies still do 5% deposits? Also how much on average does it cost to live in a house including mortage, all bills, tv license, council tax (which i dont understand?) , Insurance etc etc. I would like to know from first hand experience how much does your house cost.. ?Thank you!!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

He is going to put money into then sell it for LESS than it is worth before the rehab? That does not make much sense.

Typically you would want 10% or 20% down. The more the better.

No idea about all the UK taxes and such. Why don't you ask your parents? Or ask your future father-in-law. He can tell you exactly how much it costs to live in that house.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

I agree with the above poster, talk with your fiance's father, they know first what the costs are... Your interest rates may differ a bit depending on your interest rate, credit score etc.. But overall the taxes, insurance, maintance, upkeep, etc should be about the same.

• 10 years ago

depends on how much your loan and interest rate is. should be about $600 a month.

have to call around and look for loans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.