Mental Disorder and Jinns...?

Salamu Alaykum,

I have suffered from a mental disorder, Trichotillomania, for 5 and a half years now (from the age of 12). It is classified as an 'OCD Spectrum' disorder by psychologists. According to science, it is due to a mutation on the gene, thus making it a genetic disorder.

I would like to know 3 things:

1) Are genetic disorders a test, or a punishment from Allah (swt)?

(I don't understand how it can be a test, as it is 'genetic' and uncontrollable. Especially as a Muslim female ( I am also Indian), it is very hard for me, in the sense that I don't even feel 'feminine' anymore, or even 'worthy' of marrying in the future.)

2) Could my mental disorder be due to Jinn influence? E.g. a Jinn gave Nazr, or 'possessed' me somehow (as it controls my actions - since I can't even control my own actions whenever I'm pulling my hair out?).

Also - How can I get RID of the Jinn that is causing this?

3) How can i heal from this - without the need of medical help? (please read further to see my reason for this).

With regards to the second question, I would just like to add some additional information.

I had been given a taweez a year ago by a Mowlana, for depression (as I suffer from Depression and severe anxiety disorder). The taweez didn't work (I don't believe in the taweez, but Allah). I recently stopped wearing the taweez when I found out that it was 'shirk' to wear taweez.

Also, I have 'seen' and 'spoken' to jinns without knowing that they were jinns. Five and a half years ago, (before the onset of my mental disorders), a jinn came to me in the form of my sister and always spoke to me whenever i woke up from sleep in the mornings. this happened for 7 days nonstop. it stopped when i realised that i was actually speaking to a jinn and not my sister.

Also, I have a 'burining' and 'hot' and 'congested' feeling in my head all the time - like a neverending headache. I wash it with water to cool it and stand outside in the cold air, but, although my body is freezing, my headache (the burning feeling etc) is still there.

Also, i see jinns frequently - especially in my dreams. They are always trying to intimidate me and scare me in my dreams.

I read my five daily prayers, and read Quran when I can. I also read Ayatul Kursi after every fardh salah and before i go to sleep. I keep clean, and my house is clean - I do not live by a graveyard or any dumpsite etc.

I have suffered so long and hard from depression, anxiety disoder and Trichotillomania; no one but Allah can acknowledge, and help me. I understand that much. However, it seems as though my mental disorders are going from bad to worse.

I do not wish to seek medical help, since i wish to go into a science course which expects its students to be 'healthy mentally, physically and socially' - and my mental illness will appear on my health record, jeopardizing my chance of educating in my field of interest.

Also, i have hard, and witnessed myself, that seeing psychologists and taking drugs do not help for mental disorders.

I only wish for a SPIRITUAL healing. I want to know if there is anyway for me to get rid of this problem and how.

Jazakallah for your help. May Allah reward you.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Salamu Alaikum sis! my answer will be long, but worth it insha'Allah! First I would like to say SMILE and be happy! Do not worry, do not be depressed, do not be upset, do not lose hope, for it is narated by Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "There is no disease that Allah has created, except that He also has

created its treatment." Also, narated by Abu Huraira : I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is healing in black cumin for all diseases except death." I adivse you stay away from an unhealthy diet and eat pure organic foods. Also when asking for help seek an Imam that does not commit shirk and bidah, but follows the Qur'an and Sunnah strictly. I advise you stay away from unislamic forums for you may get responses that will misguide you. Here is a site that you may ask your questions in the future insha'Allah: http://islamqa.com/en. In regards to jinn... the more practicing you are the better it is as a protection for you from the jinn. If one is not islamic or is commiting shirk and bidah it is an open gate to the jinns harm. To be practicing, to wear the islamic dress code (covering your entire body with loose clothing, including the feet with the exception of hands and face), to pray five times a day, to read islamic material and listen to islamic lectures will all help insha'Allah if all done with sincere intenttions to Allah (SWT)! .....In regards to jinn...http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10513/jinns

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/26816/jinns

read this ( I would post it but it is too long). ..I love you for the sake of Allah sis! I will make du'a for you insha'Allah. Also stay away from anime, cartoons, drawing pictures of humans, animal, insects, fishes... (trees, mountains..nature is ok)..and do not have a dog in your house....they keep the angels away ( and when there is no angels...then there are jinns). Insha'Allah dont worry about marriage...insha'Allah you will find someone!, but first fix your deen with Allah (SWT), make tawbah, ask him to guide you, and cure you of all of your diseases, be sincere to Him. Change for Allah and Allah you change your situation insha'Allah. Be strong, be happy, think and expect good of Allah, be patient, and insha'Allah you will be happy. Take care. -your sister in islam

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No to 1.

No to 2.

Three is the cure and the charm. There are millions of genetic disorders that are treated every day and people get to lead a normal life, though there is no cure for many. In your case actually you are quite lucky, your underlying problems are anxiety and depression. They are very easliy treatable in your case. You do not even need a psychologist just yet, ask you family physician that you want to try some anti-depressant that will address your depression and anxiety. This will bring immediate relief to you (72 hours) and your urges to tear at yourself will decrease rather drastically. If you cannot even do that for yourself, there is nothing else I can tell you. Just remember it is an illness like any other and must be treated.

@Earthquake you are as much a psychology student as "Psychology Mullah" was. LMAO. This time you should call yourself Maximum Exposure. lol

Source(s): Senior Psychology Major
  • Paula
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

MOST of the time it is due to Psychological problems, not Jinns. When a mentally ill person is examined & there is no explanation; it could also be genetic. The only way to find out if it was caused by Jinn is to perform ruqyah upon that person. If they recover, it means that their illness was due to jinn OR evil eye. If they don't recover, the problem was genetic. Salam alaykum~

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aDLV6

• 10 years ago

Your mental disorders will continue to get worse if you do not seek medical attention. I am not a psychiatrist nor a psychologist, but in my practice in law often encounter medical conditions and discuss medical problems with my colleagues many of whom are in the medical and psychological profession.

You are making a big mistake by not taking the proper action, if you have no health you will have nothing. You are taking a moderate problem and turning it into something far more serious. I can refer you to professionals if you live in the United States, you need some help soon. Faith is good, but it is not a substitute for medical help. Talk to your doctor and get some medicine for your depression, there is no stigma to it.

Should you decide not to get any medical help, listen to the following three times a day or more often if you have the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V7uNNgKngg

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Source(s): Muslim Lawyer
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Assalamualaikum.

My personal opinion is no one except Allah can help you regarding this. This would be difficult to express exactly how do you feel, to doctors or others, inside your head or what you may see or feel. And it may become annoying to try to tell these to every new doctors or mawlana from the beginning. I do not think anything they can do. Doctors would mostly prescribe sedatives in different trade names or procedures. These are not going to cure permanently. So, I think you should depend on Allah only.

But you should improve the pain as time passes by. You should slowly gain control/confidence on yourself. The situation should improve as it was 5 years back. Is it improving?

I know some of these kind of people. So, I said so :)

^ My personal thought and you should not rely on it much. Find for something better, doctors-mawlana etc. May Allah cure you soon.

• Sam
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Asalamo Alaikum

Dear Sister: My daughter has a genetic disease "Down Syndromes" and yes LIFE is a test, we all are undergoing a test. The disease is from Allah and healing is also from Allah too. Apart from the genetic disease of my daughter, she too suffered from a defective heart and had an open heart surgery when she was just 4 and now she is 6 but her genetic disease is very much there and it is by birth.

If this disease is born with you then its a genetic disorder and if you got it later in life then it is not a genetic disease..

Now coming towards spiritual part of the solution. In Quran, in various chapters Allah commands us to do HIS remembrance but hardly few know it and majority either do not know of it or ignore this commandment.

Please start doing remembrance of Allah subhanawa talaa by his beautiful name "Rehman". You must have read it in the Quran that call HIM Allah Or Rehman, all the beautiful names belongs to HIM. Right.

Now please start with the recitation of Allah's name "Ya - Rehman" = O The Most Merciful. What you got to do is to recite "Ya - Rehman" all the time in a low voice or in your heart and do it all the time untill you go to bed and being mindful of Allah's remembrance all the time. The zikr or remembrance of Allah is to be done all the times and make it a habit.

Quran also commands us to do Allah's remembrance while walking, sitting, lying on the bed on our sides and so on.

I am 100% sure that The Most Merciful shall bless & shower HIS mercy on you. :)

Be Happy and Have a Good Day. :)

Dua for you. :)

• 10 years ago

Sister I am honestly sorry for you. I really don't know what to tell you apart from have trust in Allah andmake so much duaa .

However I know that you should find a good sheikh to go to remove the Jin from you. Seek help from Allah by doing istikaraa first x

go to my questions In order to find out wah istikara is and how t perform it x

really genuinly hope you get better

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): Portraits Techniques http://emuy.info/RealisticPencilPortrait/?od7Y
  • Sean
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Source(s): First Online Woodworking Resource http://WoodworkingProjects.enle.info/?5y0i
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I cant understand why people blame the Jinn all the time with no proof .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.