Ben B asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 10 years ago

How often can you trade between mutual funds in a ROTH IRA?

I have a Roth IRA through USAA. Within the ROTH, I have a few mutual funds. I was wondering if there is some kind of restriction that would restrict the frequency I can exchange between funds. Anyone know?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

There are no Roth rules, but many individual mutual funds have rules to discourage frequent trading, like a 1-3% penalty fee for selling shares within 90 days of buying them. You'll have to check the prospectus or call USAA to see if those restrictions apply to you.

Source(s): Former stock broker, MBA in Finance, and 20+ years investing experience
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How often can you trade between mutual funds in a ROTH IRA?

I have a Roth IRA through USAA. Within the ROTH, I have a few mutual funds. I was wondering if there is some kind of restriction that would restrict the frequency I can exchange between funds. Anyone know?

Source(s): trade mutual funds roth ira: https://shortly.im/W3HCN
  • 10 years ago

Frequency of trading a Mutual Fund has nothing to do with it being in an ROTH IRA. The Mutual Fund company may have restrictions (whether or not it's a ROTH IRA). It's considered costly to other investors for someone to trade a Mutual Fund frequently. USAA may have a 30 day restriction or more. Contact them.

• 10 years ago

Generally there are no restrictions however each mutual fund company might have some restrictions such as a back end load fee or trading fee if not held for more than 30 days. You might want to trade ETF's if you trade more often since you can trade through out the day instead of at the end of the business days with mutual funds. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

It depends on the policy of the mutual fund company. Some, like Vanguard, limit trades. Others allow you to make unlimited trades.

• 4 years ago

You can make money in binary options only if you treat it as a real form of investing. Learn here https://tr.im/gnOtk

This means learning how it works, learning how to read charts and learning how you can make accurate predictions. All these are not that difficult but it takes some time. If you treat it as gambling and just make random predictions then you will obviously not win.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.