J asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 10 years ago

how to bypass/or delete admin password on windows 7?

my son managed to get the battery out my laptop a dell . i am locked outI have tried all the usual suspects eg

F5 F2 F8 etc I have tried to boot from windows 7 disc, i have tried the recovery disc. nothing works.

A white screen says this is password protected please enter password. to be honest i dont remember making a password.

I dont mind doing a complete recovery anything.

help please

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Emm.. you need to get access to you windows 7 now. You can make a Windows password reset disk to reset your password:

1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download windows Password recovery and install it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD or a USB flash drive.

2. Get out the newly created CD/USB and insert it to the locked computer.

3. re-booted the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your computer's Setup to make it boot from CD drive or USB drive) and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.

4. Setting new password.

won't do any harm to your data, only remove windows password

So, is it easy? Luck!

Source(s): Related Tutorial: Cant Remember Windows 7 Password ? http://www.windows7password.net/lostforgot-windows...
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

You can create a Windows password reset disk by third party software to reset the Windows 7 admin password. Then try this:

1. Enter a computer that can link to Internet. Download a third party program named windows login recovery and install it on that computer. Note that: there is a ISO image file. Burn the file into a CD or a USB flash drive.

2. Eject the created CD/USB and insert it into the locked computer.

3. Reboot the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your computer's Setup to make it boot from CD drive or USB drive) and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.

4. Now login Windows and set a new password.

• 10 years ago

F8 to insert Security Mode.

IN windows 7 system, you will follow below steps and recover your password.

First . Download it from windows password unlocker Official site, and burn the Iso image file onto CD and reset the unknown password with the newly created CD.

Second . Then, Insert the newly created CD into the locked computer and re-boot it from the CD drive.

Third . After launched the CD, a window pop up with all your account names(if you have several accounts) select one of the accounts that you have forgotten its password to reset it. Just one press, this software can remove screen password instantly.

• 10 years ago

Try to use a bootable cd to reset local administrator and user passwords on Windows XP/Vista/2008/2003/2000/7, download the iso file from http://www.top-password.com/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Recover Your windows Password : http://tinyurl.com/VzDLhPSPRJ

• 10 years ago

I think you should try to start the laptop in safe mode

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

start > run > in the command line type " Control Userpasswords 2 "

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.