Can you recommend a fantasy series I would like?

Hello,

I'm looking for a fantasy/adventure series to read. I like most genres of fantasy except for vampires, so please don't recommend any vampire series'. I like a bit of romance but not as the main plot. I don't like anything scary.

I have read the Inheritance series -Christopher Paolini, Harry Potter series -J.K Rowling, Arthur trilogy -Kevin Crossley-Holland and the Pellinor series -Allison Croggon.

Can you recommend another fantasy series that I would like?

Ah! just remembered I have also read the Percy Jackson series. sorry about that.

Favorite Answer

Tamora Pierce

http://www.tamora-pierce.com/books.html

Probably more like "young adults/teens" but I remembered I enjoyed it. The covers/titles look really corny but try the Alanna/Circle of Magic series! Heavy emphasis on medieval-like and fantasy times!

Terry Brooks

http://www.terrybrooks.net/

I read the Shannara series. I could not stop, I kept wanting to get the next series. The series are all connected and the author managed to really create this entire universe and kept it going, consistently!

Definite fantasy/adventures!

I haven't read these since middle school! Thanks for bringing memories back; I think I will have to go back and read them. I'll also check out your reads.

Good luck on your search!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles series) Rick Riordan

Elfshadow (Forgotten Realms: Songs and Swords, Book 1) Elaine Cunningham

Her Majesty's Wizard, Christopher Stasheff

Heir Chronicles - Warrior Heir, Wizard Heir, Dragon Heir - by Cinda Williams Chima

The Narnia Chronicles, CS Lewis

The Mysterious Benedict Society, Trenton Lee Stewart

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind is great, 11 books and a Spin off book - Debt of Bones

Wizards First Rule

Stone of Tears

Blood of the Fold

Temple of the Winds

Soul of the Fire

Faith of the Fallen

The Pillars of Creation

Naked Empire

Chainfire

Phantom

Confessor

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King 7 books with a spin off Eyes of the Dragon

The Gunslinger

The Drawing of the Three

The Wastelands

Wizard and Glass

Wolves of Calla

Song of Suzanna

The Dark Tower

The Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix

The books are as follows (in the correct order):

Mister Monday

Grim Tuesday

Drowned Wednesday

Sir Thursday

Lady Friday

Superior Saturday

Lord Sunday

They are excellent! They follow a teenage boy, Arthur Penhaligon, who has been chosen as the 'Rightful Heir' to the keys of the 'House', which is basically another universe. There is lots of magic involved and plenty of action. They really are not very scary.

the chronicles of elantra by michelle sagara

Seven years ago Kaylin fled the crime-riddled streets of Nightshade, knowing that something was after her. Children were being murdered -- and all had the same odd markings that mysteriously appeared on her own skin.…

Since then, she's learned to read, she's learned to fight and she's become one of the vaunted Hawks who patrol and police the City of Elantra. Alongside the winged Aerians and the immortal Barrani, she's made a place for herself, far from the mean streets of her birth.

But children are once again dying, and a dark and familiar pattern is emerging. Kaylin is ordered back into Nightshade with a partner she knows she can't trust, a Dragon lord for a companion and a device to contain her powers -- powers that no other human has. Her task is simple -- find the killer, stop the murders…and survive the attentions of those who claim to be her allies!

Have you read the Percy Jackson series? I'm not sure if you mentioned it because I have never read them, but my school friends have told me about it a few times. I don't think it is scary. You might want to try it.

Also, I like The Inkheart Trilogy and The Chronicles Of Narnia.

My favourite fantasy series is still The Belgariad by David Eddings, it's full of adventure, magic, humour and romance... and no vampires (First Book: The Pawn of Prophesy)

Another brilliant series is the Dragons of Pern by Ann McCaffrey. You need to start reading it from Dragonflight.

I would definitely recommend Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder:

It's about a girl named Yelena who is sentenced to death after killing General Brazell's only son, Reyad. But then, on the day she is to executed, the Commander's assassin, Valek, offers her another choice. He tells her she has the option to become the Commander's food taster. Yelena accepts, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead in her training as poison taster, her growing relationship with Valek, the constant threat of a revenge seeking General Brazell, and what could be very powerful forbidden magic within herself.

http://www.amazon.com/Poison-Study-Maria-V-Snyder/...