promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
GOD asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is Barack Obama A United States Citizen?

why did he get this position as president of the United states? Because he is Black? or a Islamic terrorist?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are a few million people that want to know the answer to this question. Obama has produced a certificate of live birth (COLB) but this is a short form and does not show what hospital he was born in nor does it show the doctor that delivered him.

Several law suits have been file against Obama, all, or at least all that I am aware of, have been dismissed due to a lack of standing. In other words, those that have filed the law suit have not been able to show that they have been harmed. I do know that one of the first acts Obama did as president was to seal his records. No one is allowed to see his college records and no one is allowed to see the long form of his birth certificate

One would think that with so many asking that Obama would just show them what they are asking for. It just does not make any sense at all to not do so unless you are hiding something.

Wouldn't the normal and reasonable person take the necessary steps to shut up the nay sayers?

What could he be hiding? Is he hiding the fact that he was not born in Hawaii? That would be one reason not to show the long form birth certificate.

What about his college records, what is there to hide there? Did he enroll as a foreign student? Perhaps he discovered that the man that paid for his education was a terrorist and he wants to hide that. It has been pretty well publicized that Obama started his political career in the living room of American terrorist William Ayers, perhaps he figures that if there was more terrorists in his past that it would harm him politically.

We may never know for sure, but I will guarantee that if Obama decides to run for re-election the questions will start to get more heated and more direct. My guess is that Obama will not run for re-election and will, instead announce such saying "For Personal Reasons"

I am curious that if the republicans gain control of congress if they will re-open the vetting process and then demand all of the documentation from Obama. If he does not comply then they would likely start impeachment proceedings against him.

If Obama proves his citizenship I will be very happy, it will put an end to all of this debate and all of his supporters can then say "We told you so"

--EDIT--

@ObamaBot

I hope that the long form is available, I will look for it but I rather doubt that it will be found. It is hard to take the word of someone with such a politically slanted name. But I will search the Internet and see what I can find.

@Invest in China:

I think that by now everyone knows how easy it is to create the illusion of truth, that being said "ALLEGEDLY, Nancy Pelosi signed 2 different affidavits certifying Obama and Biden as the democrat nominees for President and Vice President. One of these affidavits stated that they were qualified by the constitution, the others simply stated that they were the nominees. It is entirely possible that these accusations are false and that the affidavit was copied and the Photo shopped.

Now as to your Facts:

No one argues that Obama's mother was born in the US, the question comes as to where Obama was born and the laws in effect when Obama was born, if he indeed was born in Kenya.

The law in effect at the time of Obama's birth stated that one of the parents had to be a US Citizen, Stanley Ann Dunham (Obama) met this test. Second, that parent must have lived in the US for 10 years, the last 5 of which had to be after her 14th birthday. Stanley Ann Dunham failed this test.

Stanley Ann Dunham was born November 27, 1942. IF, Obama was born in Kenya his mother would not have met the legal requirements as BHO was born more than 3 months prior to her eligibility. If Obama was born in Hawaii then none of this makes any difference.

Your Fact #4 is wrong, at the time of Obama's birth a full legal adult would have had to reached the age of 21, in this case marriage would make a difference. Legally Stanley Ann Dunham was not married, BHO Sr. was already married to another woman in Kenya at the time he married Ms. Dunham. I doubt that Ms. Dunham was aware of this at the time of her wedding but none the less her marriage was illegal.

Fact #8, It is almost impossible for a minor to lose citizenship, even willingly. You have to be an adult.

-additional info- Lolo Soreto took BHO as his own son, though no legal papers were filed when Soreto did this it was the same as an adoption and BHO would then be considered to be a citizen of Indonesia.

BHO could not claim dual citizenship, Indonesia does not recognize dual citizenship, but as stated above that does not necessarily mean that BHO lost any US citizenship he may have had.

Fact#11 Obama did in fact attend a school that was run by the Catholic Church, not all of the class rooms strictly Catholic, the school had many different religions and the registration papers (available on the Internet) clearly show that Obama was registered and the faith that was listed is Islam.

Fact #12 True, there was no BAN, in fact a US citizen was warned about travel to Pakistan but if they decided to travel regardless of the travel warnings they could only obtain a 30 day Visa.

I might add that in 2000 when John McCain ran for President, I did a lot of research regarding his legal right to be the president. If anyone would care to look it up you will find some things regarding control of Panama along with the laws in effect at the time of his birth that would seem to indicate he was ineligible.

Prior to McCain actually running, congress investigated all of these issues and then decreed that he was constitutionally qualified.

One can not make a determination by using todays laws, you have to look at the laws in effect at the time. If there is another country involved then the work is all the more difficult because you have to look a those as well.

Update 5/10/2009:

Hmm, I found this while looking for the information ObamaBot says is available regarding Obamas full birth certificate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M7Rp_Ghv6k

Youtube thumbnail

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers

It's NOT because he's black.

It's NOT because he's "a(n) Islamic terrorist."

It's because he's a black Islamic terrorist.

Get real, lady.

Do you RATIONALLY, HONESTLY, SANELY believe that an uber-hawky paranoiac like Dick Cheney didn't sic his snoopers out to get any serious dirt on Obama?

Do you REALLY believe that the FBI, CIA, DOJ, NRO, DIA, Secret Service, Pentagon and other police, military, judicial and other Federal investigative agencies DIDN'T "vet" Obama even more scrupulously than they investigate ("vet") EVERY Cabinet, Ambassadorial and Judicial appointee?

Do you seriously believe that FOX/Rupert Murdoch didn't have snoopers out looking over Obama's life from conception trying to find some dirt, illegality or disqualifying circumstances?

Of course, to deny reality is to defy credulity.

Here's a few FACTS:

#1, Obama's mother was 18 when he was born: that makes her an adult.

#2, Obama's mother was born and raised in Kansas, the daughter of 2 also-natural born parents.

#3, Obama's mother spent 5 of the previous 14 years of her young life IN the U.S.

#4, Therefore, Obama's mama is/was a full-fledged legal adult natural-born American citizen.

#5, The fact that she was NOT married doesn't matter: being married has NOTHING to do with citizenship.

#6, Obama Sr. was Kenyan: granted. Kenya was British at the time Obama Jr. was born: granted.

#7, That made Obama Jr. a dual citizen of America, through mama and British, by his dad: granted.

#8, A parent CANNOT renounce their minor child's American citizenship, NOR can a minor child (under 18) renounce their own citizenship, according to the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations AND the State Department.

#9, Obama Jr. never subjected himself to British rule or British laws.

#10, Barack Sr.'s British citizenship did not 'trump' nor take preference over Obama Jr.'s mother's American citizenship

#11, When Obama Jr. was in Indonesia from age 6 until 10, American students did NOT have to become I NOR did they have to convert to Islam; Jr. went to a CATHOLIC school, BTW!

#12, Jr. went to Pakistan in the 80's: granted. BUT: there was NO 'travel ban' in effect at that time... there was a "State Dept. warning" to Americans traveling in Pakistan, but THERE WAS NO BAN.

Have you had enough?

Or are F-A-C-T-S just too darned hard to deal with?

Try to keep this in mind as you stumble through life: denying reality doesn't make it go away

Source(s): . If you think that education is expensive, consider how costly ignorance is for the ignorant. .
  • 4 years ago

Everyone has confirmed what we already know. His birth in Hawaii is undeniably confirmed by everyone that needs to confirm it. All the lawsuits that are trying to prove the contrary have been thrown out of court. If, as a US citizen you go and live in another country, you do not lose your US citizenship. In fact the many US citizens living abroad are still required to submit their tax returns to the IRS every year. If you lost your citizenship while living abroad, I think the IRS would not be able to collect its "piece of flesh" from you.

• 1 decade ago

"Obama has produced a certificate of live birth (COLB) but this is a short form and does not show what hospital he was born in nor does it show the doctor that delivered him."

But the long form is exactly what state law says is evidence for birth in Hawaii. And the Secratary of State and the registrar of Hawaii all say that the long form that is in fact now available to the public is exactly consistent with all the data they have on Obama.

The evidence proves beyond any doubt that Obama was born in the United States. One merely has to have a reasoning above a 3 year old.

The fact that you want to see all his records is why Obama has to draw the line and say 'no more'. Otherwise, he will be spending all his time finding, researching and presenting any documentation some clown birther wants to bother him with.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, considering that one of the requirements for becoming President of the United States is being a naturalized citizen, I would say that Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen.

• 1 decade ago

Under the United States Constitution only a natural born citizen can hold the office of the president. The question isn't if he's a citizen but was he born here. At this point i don't care if he wasn't born here,i'm just doing my part getting him voted out in 2012.

To all the Canadians if you want Obama go a head and take him. Obama would fit right nicely with the Canadian government and 70% of Americans would pay his plane ticket.

• 1 decade ago

He is a citizen of the United States. He was born in Hawaii.

• DD Man
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes, he is.

He got the position because 66 million people voted for him. The fact that he was black probably helped. He is Christian and you have no evidence whatsoever that he's an Islamic terrorist.

• 1 decade ago

im a canadian citizen , i wish that we would have a good prime miinister as good as obama. Im not saying that our prime minister is not good. Canada needs a guy like Obama..Another guy like Peirre Eliolett Trudeau. Someone that you look up to! I think u guys have a good president!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, Barrack Obama is an American citizen. he was born in the USA, so that makes him eligable for presidency.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.