Under "old law" federal inmate on both state and federal parole can state block fed transfer to another state?

my boyfriend is under "old law" inmate sentenced by the feds in 1982. He is currently in a federal prison, he is also an State parolee (Michigan). After his state sentence the marshals picked him up for the federal detainer. He goes before the federal parole board in July. I live in TX now and he would... show more my boyfriend is under "old law" inmate sentenced by the feds in 1982. He is currently in a federal prison, he is also an State parolee (Michigan). After his state sentence the marshals picked him up for the federal detainer. He goes before the federal parole board in July. I live in TX now and he would like for him to live with me of course, can the State of mi block his transfer if the feds allows him to move to Tx? The federal system has no interstate compact, does the feds approval trump the states approval? Keep in mind my guy is under the federal "old law" statue, federal parole applies to old law inmates.Not many of those guys "old law" inmates left in the system any longer.
Update: I meant to say can the state block the feds approval of his move to tx? Does TX have to accept him if the feds allow him to move out of state? can MI block it with a denial? Who has ultimate say so?