Personally, I think the entire new group is a bunch of posers.
If this person has several of the following, you have a teeny-bopping poser on your hands:
1.Too much makeup
2.hair attacked by a three year old
3. (for guys) stole not only their girlfriend's pants but also her HAIR STYLE
4. They watch MTV for their favorite bands
5. They like any fall out boy newer than under the cork tree
6. constantly getting in trouble at school
7. wearing black all the time, but not exactly gothic
8. several piercings or tattoos
9. vegan thin
Real "emo" are those that actually fall under the umbrella of "Emotional Hardcore"
here's how to tell if the person you are talking about is one of these original emo kids!!
1. they look mostly normal because society has gobbled up their sense of style so now every one looks like them
2. sneakers, like high tops, classic style my friend!!
3. Shows of their favorite band in the form of buttons and possibly a messenger bag or shirt under a track or member's only jacket.
4. Has glasses, and actually needs them
5. Cropped hair or a normal do, girls with shorter hair, some times black but NOT ATTACKED BY FREKIN SCISSORSS!!!
They would be picked on in school, even thrown in lockers, ect. but they still had their friends and their music, and that would never throw them in a locker
Bands they like and can actually tell you about them and the feelings and emotion behind the songs:
Jimmy Eat World
Texas is the Reason
Sunny Day Real Estate
and yes even Weezer!!
Sorry if I seem a bit ranty, I'm just irritated about how the entire culture was killed mercilessly by a bunch of 13 year oldteenybopperss who are trying to get back at their parents and barely listen to the songs they "love". It's amazing that when I first started high school my Definition was your general emo, but now, (im graduating 4 years later) We have a bunch of teeny boppers running around and taking over quizilla.com
It changed that much in 4 years!!
Around that same time emo and screamo started to blend alot, and now we have crap....
sorry about the rant
And if I've angered or offended any "emo" kids I have a message for you:
Know where your music came from, they way some of you guys act its like a Christan not know who Jesus is
Growing up on classic and original emo (omg vinyl records YES!!!) and watching the world around me fall to my feet in a pile of smoking rubble and teeny boppers on parade.