bato
bato asked in SportsTennis · 10 years ago

maria jose martinez sanchez wins in rome?

nice work. although her constant drop shots were really annoying.

thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Congratulations to her! She is having a good year. I like her drop shots. I hope she continues her good form to Madrid and French Open.

Yes it is nice to see a new winner and someone not so well known.

i would have prefered Ivanovic to win the title though, she would have been back in the top 30, and out of the way of the huge players in the RG draw. Now if Ivanovic does not beat Jankovic in Madrid, then I doubt she will be back in the top 30, meaning the FO will be dangerous for her to come across a high ranked player, but also a high ranked player who is a baseline hitter, because Ivanovic would probably win the match if she played like she did in Rome in the earlier rounds.

MJMS's game was annoying, yes. I mean she had a nice game, but the dropshots were SICK! How she did them was beyond me, I was shocked everytime because her opponents rarely saw them coming, and Jankovic and Ivanovic struggled to get near them. Jankovic is quick and nimble and Ivanovic has a big stride.

I just hope Ivanovic, Peng, Zheng, Li, Cirstea and the British girls don't come across her at the FO.

She does have the most unusual and annoying playing style, constantly charging the net and playing drop shots, but good for her to win a prestigious event like Rome. I'm sure many have liked seeing the variety she plays with, unlike the ball-bashing that is the norm in the WTA.

It's pretty cool. It's just going to make the French Open that more interesting...

I hope her great run continue at madrid and rollan garros. vamos maria!!

ha giocato bene e credo che il servenvolley lo sfrutta alla meglio... lo utilizzano pochi giocatori in questo modo!!!

Source(s): mia testa

haha it's funny because she doesn't have a real tennis game and she is winning. BORING!