promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Would you vote for Governor Brewer if you had the chance?

Would you vote for Governor Brewer if you had the chance?

A petition for the support of Jan Brewer

http://www.janbrewer.com/

Update:

Per the petition for Jan Brewer....

I was violated and this was the answer on the appeal...

Re: Answer Deletion (KMM108838944V39748L0KM)

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Answers.

We have reviewed your appeal request. Upon review, we found that your content was not in violation of the Yahoo! Answers Community Guidelines,

Yahoo! Community Guidelines, or the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

Your content has been reposted to Yahoo! Answers, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Answers.

Regards,

Lars

Yahoo! Customer Care

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes, if the federal government won't do it's job the states had the right and responsibility to step in and do so

ARIZONA CAN ENFORCE FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAW

by walter moore -- http://WalterMooreSays.com

national media inundating airwaves and bandwidth with legal opinions on arizona’s new immigration law -- from people who are not lawyers.

let me de-bunk baloney peddled by armies of “undocumented lawyers” media chooses to focus on. i will support what i say with actual legal authority.

i want you to understand state and local police can enforce federal immigration law. federal law does not prevent them from doing so.

don’t take my word for it. here are ten federal court opinions saying so.

1. 1983, united states court of appeals for the ninth circuit, in gonzales v city of peoria, 722 f.2d 468.

2. 1984, united states court of appeals for the tenth circuit, in united states v. salinas-calderon.

3. 1999, united states court of appeals for the tenth circuit, in united states v. vasquez-alvarez, 176 f.3rd 1294.

4. 2001, united states court of appeals for the tenth circuit, in united states v. santana-garcia, 264 f.3rd 1188.

5. 2001, united states court of appeals for the eighth circuit, in united states v. rodriguez-arreola, 270 f.3rd 611.

6. 2002, united states court of appeals for the tenth circuit, in united states v. favela-favela, 41 fed. appx. 185.

7. 2005, united states supreme court, in muehler v. mena, 544 u.s. 93.

8. 2005, united states court of appeals for the tenth circuit, in united states v. hernandez-dominguez.

9. 2008, united states district court for the eastern district of missouri, in gray v. city of valley park, 2008 u.s. dist lexis 7238, affirmed 2009 u.s. app. lexis 12075.

10. 2008, united states district court for the district of new jersey, in rojas v. city of new brunswick, 2008 u.s. dist. lexis 57974.

regulation of immigration is an exclusive federal power, this power does not preempt state activity affecting aliens. when state activities do not impair federal interests concurrent enforcement is authorized.

court held federal law does not preclude local enforcement of criminal provisions of federal immigration law.

court held state and local law enforcement officers are empowered to arrest violators of federal law, if such arrest is authorized by state law.

federal law did not preempt local ordinance suspending business license of business hiring illegal aliens.

state and local law enforcement officers may enforce federal statutes where enforcement activities do not impair federal regulatory interests concurrent enforcement activity is authorized.

state trooper’s have investigatory authority to inquire into possible immigration violations.

state trooper’s did not violate defendant’s rights asking about immigration status after pulling him over for speeding and noticing 20 people in van defendant was driving.

police officers who handcuffed gang member while executing search warrant for weapons, did not violate rights asking about immigration status. even when officers have no basis for suspecting individual, they may ask questions; examine individual's identification; and ask to search luggage.

i could go on and on, but you get the idea.

people whose legal opinion matters wear black robes, and they have ruled, again and again and again federal law lets local police enforce federal immigration law.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jan Brewer for President

• leas
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Obama's checklist of stay delivery is on record with the Hawaii branch of Public well-being, a actuality shown with the help of the former director of stated branch, Dr. Chiyome Fukino. Hawaii like many states (alongside with Arizona) is against the regulation with the help of regulation from freeing it to the widespread public.

• I have signed the petition and I'm on the list for e-mail updates. I can't express how proud I am of Jan Brewer for her outstanding and unwaivering strength of character. She is a true American and I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Absolutely

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes

• 1 decade ago

I wouldn't have previously but she has shown herself to be a gutsy lady by passing the new Arizona immigration law. I have a lot of respect for her.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, She has the guts to stand up to these illegals who are destroying our states one by one.

Good answer "Old man on the hill".

• 1 decade ago

Yes.

• 1 decade ago

Ohh Hell Yeah!

And if she needs help down there tell them this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ndsXVaPwc

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes, I would vote for her for President. She would be better than what we are stuck with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.