Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 years ago

my friend got beat up by her hubby last night?

my good friend got beat up by her hubby last night, the police was called and he was arrested. he was released on bond this morning. she's 25 and he's 42. they work together too. he beat her because he found a message on her phone but she never cheated on him according to her. I don't know exactly the nature of the message. they have a son. My friend is a flirty type of woman. she flirts a lot with men and and act sexy and stuff around them. She said since she's not cheating with any of them she feels she's doing nothing wrong. I'm going to her mother's house to see her and I have no idea what to tell her. What should I say to her?

• Lovely
    Favorite Answer

She's flirting and acting the way she is because she's not getting any positive attention at home. You think this is the first beating? Think again.

Tell her to get out of that relationship. He's going to kill her otherwise.

You know it sounds as if your friend has an esteem problem. First because she's with a man who would beat her, and secondly because she's so needy for attention that she's flirtatious while in a committed relationship. While her husband has no right whatsoever to abuse his wife physically, she certainly isn't helping the situation by the way she acts. If she decides to try and work things out, she (and he) need counseling.

• lisa m

It's time to leave her abusive husband. No one has the right to harm their spouse like that.

If she wants the attention of multiple men then she needs to be single and date casually. Being married means reserving ones' affection for ones' spouse. Her behavior shows little respect for herself, her husband, or her marriage. That said, her husband still had to right to beat her up. Try to convince her to get counseling.

Tell her this- "he crossed a line, and he WILL beat you again. It's time to end this before he KILLS you!"

It's the truth...and she needs to stop that from happening.

Tell her to get the hell out of this abusive relationship, before she ends up in the morgue!

• kim h

I am here for you. That is about all you can tell her. No matter how flirty she is she does not deserve to be beaten up by her husband or anyone else.

• lola

Tell her to get out of that relationship. It's never okay to attack your spouse.

tell her to stop flirting and acting sexy and stuff around men, she has a husband. sounds like she still needs men to tell her she is sexy.

• Jackie

Ask her if she's packed her bags yet to get the h*** away from him?

• Rose

tell her to leave her husband