Do liberals want (a.) less offshore drilling, (b.) higher gas prices.....or.... ?

...(c.) less shore drilling, higher gas prices, and the biggest oil spill disaster in the history of the USA on Obama's watch?

Update:

Maybe liberals should ride horses so we can reduce our oil consumption.

Update 2:

It bothers me that liberals could care less there is an oil spill in the Gulf when a liberal president is in charge. It isn't surprising, but it does bother me. It also bothers me how liberals demand less offshore drilling, but also expect gas prices to be low. It is reasonable. If you liberals have a great idea for alternative energy then what are you doing about it? Why was Obama demanding expanded offshore drilling before the BP disaster>?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

So your logic is that less drilling is what caused this large oil spill? Really?

I think you need to look up the word "logic". I don't think it means what you think it means.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Flashy D: After reading some of your questions, it doesn't seem that you like Obama very much. If true, would you be happier with Bush again, the man who nearly took this country down, or perhaps Palin, or Bachmann who wants to bring us back in time, let's say, the Victorian Age, or any other Republican who allow the big corporations to run this country, who would keep them rich and wealthy.

The Gulf coast will be affected by the oil spill disaster for years. Maybe we should drill off the east and west coast and take the chance of destroying those areas as well.

What do you want?

• jack w
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

The Democrat Party has consistently opposed off shore or inshore drilling for oil production and strongly support higher gasoline prices through tax increases. Sen. Reid has even considered attempting stopping the use of coal for energy production!

Seems they can't grasp the concept that energy is needed for an expanding economy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The ONLY form of true wealth comes from cheap energy

right now carbon fossil fuel is cheapest IF and ONLY IF you do not count the cost of the damage it does.

All energy comes from the sun with tiny exceptions

As a progressive I want alternative clean "green" energy, conservation

When thermonuclear Fusion (controlled Hydrogen Bomb) is perfected it will probably solve most of the current problems. Fission (ATOMIC) power is expensive to build and the question of what to do with the waste has not been solved. It could be used to "burn up" the hundreds of (thousands ?) tons of Plutonium ( It only takes about 10 POUNDS) to make an Atomic bomb) stockpiled during the cold war.

It is a question of science and world economics, NOT "liberal vs conservative, school yard brawling"

Source(s): physics
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • d) Less off-shore drilling and an alternative energy to oil because oil is not infinite.

And I don't ride a horse, rather I ride my bike to work. How about you??

• 1 decade ago

Saying it occurred on Obama's watch implies that he was in control of off shore drilling, which he wasn't. You would ***** moan if Obama got government involved by monitoring all off shore oil by saying hes making government to big and powerful. But he didn't do that so now you ***** and moan that an oil spill occurred.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they will find a way to increase the prices on alternative energy too, so what will we gain?? I read that the price of gas is determined by the price of Texas Crude, not foreign crude..Bush has to be so happy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a) Offshore Drilling with proper regulations so that next time BP will have a blow-out preventor on, as they should have, b) Alternative fuels to make gas prices obsolete, or c) An ignorant populous?

• justa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

How about d, a clean renewable energy source?

Why don't we stop the either/ or stuff and get practical, I don't want to support oil like its my mother.

And I don't want to live in a cave. I want us to put our scientists to use in a more practical way than going to the moon.

• 1 decade ago

d) less offshore drilling and more funding into alternative energy sources. Cause that oil ain't going to last forever.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.