About the West Point Summer Leaders Seminar?

When I was a HS junior I received an invitation to the SLS and it said something about me having what it takes to be a leader because of my high grades/scores or whatever, but I ignored it because I had never heard of the SLS, had never applied to it, and I was actually a very poor student (less than 2.0 GPA,... show more When I was a HS junior I received an invitation to the SLS and it said something about me having what it takes to be a leader because of my high grades/scores or whatever, but I ignored it because I had never heard of the SLS, had never applied to it, and I was actually a very poor student (less than 2.0 GPA, although I did have really high SAT and standardized test scores). I also thought that it was just another one of those things the military sends soon-to-be graduates to get them to enlist. But a few days ago I decided to look it up and it said that only a few out of all the juniors in the country are invited to go there, so I was thinking, did I accidentally pass up a really good opportunity there? And what exactly is the Summer Leaders Seminar anyways?
2 answers 2