:)
Lv 6

READ READ READ READ READ READ READ?

People who have knowledge about religions and who are not fed by the media -

Which Religion seems the most peaceful and why?

Update:

Im am Muslim, I believe that Islam is. But dont you think that bhuddism is worshipping a statue that they made themselves? We worship our creator who is more powerful than us - in that case bhudda should be worshipping its followers!

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

ISLAM is the most peaceful religion in the world because it forbids all forms of evil which most religions allow, like, alcohol, gambling, illegal relationships, taking of interest on loan or deposit.

it promotes all good things which other religions dont care much about- like women in covered clothing not exposing themselves, muslim women are the most descent women. the respectful and dignified sight with which christians look at nuns with, the same respect islam gives all the women , not just a handful of them. it is compulsory to give 2.5% of the wealth to charity, whereas other religions may or may not have this practice.

• ron p
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

islam and christianity are the bloodiest religions around.both groups cry foul at any offense, intended or not. grow some skin and try to live near each other in peace!!!!! neither is powerful anymore because of the greed, the lies, and the atrocoties committed. both should be universally banned, then maybe this earth can see a hint of peace!!!!

give me a thumbs down if you want but it is the truth!!!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i think this changes over time. jewish religion was not at all peaceful when the jews had a kingdom of their own, but later under foreign rule it became one of the most peaceful. the dalai lama epitomizes peacefulness to many westerners, but when he was the ruler of tibet it was not quite a peaceful idyllic democracy, and sri lankan buddhists f.ex. are far from being the meekest people on the planet. christians started out VERY peaceful, then became by far the most brutal, warlike, gruesome religion in history, but more recently have again quieted down quite a bit. islam started out warlike but over time has become quite peaceful for the most part. japanese shinto was briefly exploited by the japanese fascist/monarchists to help justify total war and horrible atrocities but otherwise has a history of being rather innocuous (whatever wars or civil wars apart from ww2 japan has had were not motivated by shinto religious themes).

• 10 years ago

I believe either Buddhism or Bahai Faith. They appear to be the most peaceful. But just because a religion is peaceful doesn't necessarily make it the best or the right religion. - God Bless! +?+

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

the one whose adherents do not misunderstand the underlying essence and common purpose of all religion. each designed to establish order (the cornerstone of civilization), (by means of transformation) from within, not (force) from without ("Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly"). out of order comes peace. all religions are in essence designed for the purpose of peace keeping, that is why there are so many rules. if the teachings are lived rightly, the natural result is a harmonious society. but that doesn't always happen... either as the result of a mistake, or of people wanting to manipulate one another, we distort the essence, making religion the greatest source of hatred and violence. it is precisely because religion is the greatest potential source for love and peace, that its perversion becomes the exact opposite.

• Jimbo
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Of all the religions that I know of, I'd say probably Jainism. Buddhism is pretty peaceful, but buddhists are involved in the fighting in Sri Lanka to this day.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I believe Buddhism is one of the most peaceful. They would sooner take violence against themselves before hurting another. A Buddhist monk once set himself on fire in protest, the entire time meditating-never once screaming. He died peacefully. Buddhism is about peaceful meditation, and although many of their ideas are difficult to understand, they revolve around peace.

• Hally
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Buddhism seems most peaceful, and I think so because I am unaware of any wars started in the name of Buddha, or any terrorists blowing themselves up in the name of Buddha.

• 10 years ago

Who ever believes in Christ Jesus... obtains from him the gifts of knowledge, wisdom and understanding.

Religion is not the answer... it's belief that is.

Source(s): Christian Spiritualist / Spiritual Mediator / Angelologist / Woman of Wisdom
  • 4 years ago

it was about 25 years ago the last time i bought a good comic It would have been a mandy comic and it would have cost 15pence

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.