Why is Pakistan so much into making nuclear weapons?

Did Pakistan have any issues with Iran in the past?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Pakistan is making nuclear weapons because India had them first. Pakistan felt threatened, so they got some Chinese help (the Chinese government doesn't like India) to make their own nukes. India's first nuclear test was on May 18, 1974, Pakistan's first nuclear test was on May 28, 1998.

India has a no-first-use policy when it comes to nukes, the official stance is that of having enough for deterrence. Pakistan has the same deterrence policy, but does not have a no-first-use policy. Both countries did sign the the Lahore Declaration of 1999 in Februrary, stating that even though they have nuclear weapons the two countries would do their best to promote peace and hinder "accidental" use of nuclear weapons.

The Kargil War was sparked a few months later by the finding that Pakistani soldiers infiltrated into Kashmir. Despite the 1999 Declaration, the two countries were on the brink of nuclear war.

No, Pakistan has not had issues with Iran in the past. Pakistan's other neighbor has though, Afghani run a opium trade through the Afghani and Iranian deserts.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Okay This Is How It All Went Down

See India First Started Inventing Nuclear Weapons And Started Threatning Pakistan After Two Weeks Of That Pakistan Started Its Own Nuclear Program In Case India Tried To Use Its Nuclear Weapons On Pakistan.

Source(s): I'm Pakistani And Thats What My Mom Told Me
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

No most of their issues were with India. Both nations forged ahead years ago with nuclear weapons development so both have the capability to destroy each others main cities. They do not have a big nuke industry but it is rather well developed.

• 10 years ago

to balance the power between india and pakistan...nuclear weapons are pretty useless and are only accumulated to act as a deterrent

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

They want protection from India.

It's called a deterrent. When your enemies know you have nukes they're not as likely to start sh*t with you.

• 10 years ago

Because of you!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I dunno liiiiikkee maybe they're pretty or somethinnnnn lolololololo xoxoxoxoxoxoo

You people make me sick.

Source(s): The sickness that induced after reading this question.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.