Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Can you help me with Spanish!!!!!?

What is the difference between nos le gustan and no le gustan? Can you also give me simple examples of how to use esta, estamos, estan, and estoy. Thanks a lot!

Favorite Answer

.

There are many differences between “nos le gustan” and “no le gustan”. As S.C. mentioned, the former is not grammatically correct.

It is easier to grasp if you respect how the language is assembled. These sentences are reflexive. The literal translation of “no le gustan” is not “doesn’t like them”, but rather, “they are not pleasing to him”. In “nos le gustan”, the subject is not “we” (nos), as it would be in English; it is whatever we are trying to say we like. That is why the sentence does not make sense, as “le” is singular and “gustan” is plural- they don’t agree. If you want to say “we like him”, it would be “nos le gusta”, or to say “we like them”, it would be “nos los gustan”, or “nos las gustan (fem)”.

No and nos are not similar in any way but spelling. No means no. Nos means “we”. With the second sentence, the subject is understood within the verb. In English, this is done only in commands; in all other contexts, we must say the subject. In commands like “stop it”, “come here”, or “Help”, the subject is understood as “You”: “(You) stop it”, (You) come here”, or the double omitted, “(You) help (me)!”

So, in the first sentence, “gustan” actually means “they are pleasing”; “le” is the object “him”. “Le gustan” is “He likes them (they are pleasing to him). No means no; putting “no” in front means he doesn’t like them (or “they are not pleasing to him”). If you want to say “We don’t like them” instead of “he doesn’t like them”, then it would be “No nos les gustan”. “I like it” = “Me gusta”.

You want to conjugate “estar”? It is an irregular verb, just as it is in English, “to be (location)”. Do not ignore the accents when conjugating; they are important to identify the tense, and word. “Está” means "(he, she, or it) is", while “esta” simply means “this”.

In English, “to be” is irregularly conjugated as: I am, you are, he is, we are, you (pl) are, and they are. If it was a regular conjugation, it would be conjugated as: I be, you be, he bees, we be, you (pl) be, and they be. Obviously, this sounds very silly. The same is true in Spanish when not correctly conjugated. In Spanish, “estar” is irregularly conjugated as: estoy (I am), estás (you are), está (he is), estámos (we are), estáis (you (pl) are), and están (they are).

“Estar” is used in Spanish as we use “to be” in some contexts. “Estar” only has half of the meaning that “to be” does; many of the other meanings are expressed by the verb “ser” (also irregular). “Estar” is used to express a temporary, or not lasting, condition (like “I am busy” = “estoy ocupado”). A permanent, or lasting, condition (like “I am Drama8888”) is expressed with “ser”. “Estar” is used to express location (also temporary), like “I am here” is “estoy aquí”; “we are here” is “estámos aquí”; “she is here” is “está aquí”. “Estar” is also used in progressive tenses; “I am walking” is “estoy caminando”; “you are learning” is “estás aprendiendo”; or “they are bothering me” is “me están molestando”.

When speaking in Spanish, the English speaker must break down the meaning of what we are trying to express before we can determine the correct use of “estar” or “ser”. The reverse is true with “hacer” in Spanish, because in English, we use 2 verbs to express what “hacer” does in Spanish (“to make” and “to do”). If a Spanish-speaking friend calls you up to see what you are doing, they might say, “Hi, what are you making? (¿qué haces?)” instead of “what are you doing? (still ¿qué haces?)”. It is just as silly to mix up “estar” and “ser”. These are the considerations of a non-native speaker, as a native speaker can tell if it is correct simply if it sounds silly or not.

Being Mexican or Spanish does not automatically make you an expert of the Spanish language, just as being English or American does not make you an expert of the English language. One must formally study the language in an academic setting to understand the methods of syntax and the purpose of lexicon.

.

Source(s): . Studied Spanish in grammar school, high school, and University Studied Spanish in Spain, Mexico, New York, Southern California, and the Carribean http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/wor... .
  • duque

I'm Uruguayan and the accents and pronunciation is special among them .Argentinian and Uruguayan Spanish are very an identical however Argentinian tone is special and a few special grammar ,I uncover it alright to talk to a Mexican however to any individual from Spain I don't have any suggestion tips on how to comprehend what they are saying in any respect

nos le gustan doesnt make sense

no le gustan: doesnt like them

ella esta jugando: shes playing

nosotros estamos jugando: we are playing

estoy jugando: im playing

ellos estan jugando: they are playing

• there is no difference between these 2 words, just take the S out of the first word Nos, and its pretty much the same, now you use the following for the next words;

Usted ESTA cansado? (ARE you tired?)

Nosotros ESTAMOS aburridos!! ( we ARE bored!!!)

Ellos ESTAN cantando!! (they ARE singing!!!)

Yo ESTOY aprendiendo espanol. (i AM learning spanish.)

Source(s): ESL( English as a Second Language)

no le gustan example : no le gustan sus juguetes

no(s) les gustan DOES NOT EXIST

just

no le gustan: estas hablando de muchas cosas are you talking about many thing

no le gustan sus perros , no le gustan sus playeras , no le gustan sus libros

no le gusta :estás hablando de una cosa are you talking about one thing

no le gusta su guitarra, no le gusta su perro , no le gusta su cuerpo

el esta en el baño he is in the bathroom

ella esta en su casa : she is at home

estamos en el cuarto de mi hermano we are in the room of my brother like many people is there

estan en mi cuarto : ellos estan ahi pero yo no estoy ahi They are there but I'm not there

estoy en mi cuarto :estoy yo ahi : i´m in mi room (just me )

I hope you understand

Source(s): i´m mexican :D

nos le gustan is totally wrong

its not even a senctence i think it should

be NO NOS GUSTA

and no le gustan means

she/he dosnt like ____

Estoy enojado - im mad

Eestan enojados - their mad

Estamos enojados - we are mad

Esta enojada - she is mad

Nos is plural and means "we like"

No is singular meaning "it does not like or he, she"