The first 5 from "The Big 4"?

Few topics divide old school Metalheads like discussing the "Big 4 of Thrash". One thing MOST, though not all would agree on though, is that none has produced a truly GREAT, groundbreaking album since the early 90s. (yes, yes, I know, World Painted Blood, The System has Failed.. blah blah. Compared to... show more Few topics divide old school Metalheads like discussing the "Big 4 of Thrash". One thing MOST, though not all would agree on though, is that none has produced a truly GREAT, groundbreaking album since the early 90s. (yes, yes, I know, World Painted Blood, The System has Failed.. blah blah. Compared to the bands pre 95 work how good are they really?)

So I wanted to collect your thoughts impressions and comparisons on the albums that ARE usually considered the epitome, along with the first album that many purists point to for each band as going more mainstream (which is pretty much the 5th for all the bands)

SO that said lets start at the Beginning.... how do Slayer, Metallica, MegaDave and Anthrax stack up against each other (And WHY.. even a 1-10 rating for each album would be killer):

MQ1- SHOW NO MERCY v KILL EM ALL v KILLING IS MY BUSINESS v FISTFUL OF METAL?

MQ2- HELL AWAITS v RIDE THE LIGHTNING v PEACE SELLS.... BUT WHO'S BUYING? v SPREADING THE DISEASE?

MQ3- REIGN IN BLOOD v MASTER OF PUPPETS v SO FAR SO GOOD SO WHAT? v AMONG THE LIVING?

MQ4- SOUTH OF HEAVEN v AND JUSTICE FOR ALL v RUST IN PEACE v STATE OF EUPHORIA?

MQ5- SEASONS IN THE ABYSS v BLACK v COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION v PERSISTENCE OF TIME?

BQ- Favorite Band out of the big 4? Favorite Band Member? Why?

BQ2- General thoughts, rant etc comparing each bands Debut effort? Sophomore? Junior? Senior? errrr Post Graduate?

BQ3- Out of each bands last album: World Stained Blood, Death Magnetic, Endgame and We've Come For You All... what are your thoughts?

BBQ- Does Anthrax seem like Thrash's Red-Headed Stepchild to anyone else?
Update: BBBQ- Do I need to ask smaller questions?
Update 2: and....
BBBBQ (just for kicks) favorite album from each band?
11 answers 11