Blue Screen of death on a toshiba a105 laptop?

Hello Guy i had gotten a cheap laptop of a friend the other day. he was saying his girl was on Myspace for a bit and logged off and shot down the comp. when he went to turn it on he got the blue screen of death. he don't know anything about comps so i asked if he would sell it. so i got it. thought it would be... show more Hello Guy i had gotten a cheap laptop of a friend the other day. he was saying his girl was on Myspace for a bit and logged off and shot down the comp. when he went to turn it on he got the blue screen of death. he don't know anything about comps so i asked if he would sell it. so i got it. thought it would be an EZ fix by just setting it to factory settings. but only prob is when it gets to about 35-%60 i get the same error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL i know it means it can be software or hard were. but since i have started the factory settings it had deleted most of the old soft were. so to me it rules out that. ok i had Extra Ram laying around and Tried that and same prob. so the only other thing i can think of is hd. if that dose not work i will be lost if u know of any other hard were that may case this please help me i need this laptop for college ty
Update: i have the cd when i first goit it i tryed to resote it but dint work so now im changing hard were
Update 2: I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY1 FOR THERE ANSWER'S! I FOUND OUT THAT IT COULD BE A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND FOUND OUT HE HAD PUT AN EXTRA STICK OF RAM IN IT, SO I TOOK IT OUT AND DID THE SYSTEM RESTORE WITH THE DISC AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY THIS TIME NO MORE ERROR'S I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL OF THE ANSWER'S I... show more I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERY1 FOR THERE ANSWER'S! I FOUND OUT THAT IT COULD BE A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND FOUND OUT HE HAD PUT AN EXTRA STICK OF RAM IN IT, SO I TOOK IT OUT AND DID THE SYSTEM RESTORE WITH THE DISC AND IT WORKED PERFECTLY THIS TIME NO MORE ERROR'S I AM THANKFUL FOR ALL OF THE ANSWER'S I RECIEVED!THANK YOU ALL AND HAVE A GREAT DAY, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO ASK 1 MORE Q?

IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN PUT THE STICK OF RAM BACK INTO MY LAPTOP WITHOUT IT HAVING THIS PROBLEM AGIAN OR IS IT JUST A RISK I WOULD HAVE TO TAKE?