<3 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

Did I eat too much today? I'm 5'5 and 107 lbs?

I'm 16 years old. I want to lose 8 lbs.

Breakfast: 1 English muffin with 1 tbs PB

Lunch: 1 yogurt, 1 serving fruit

Dinner: 1 chick’n veggie burger with 1/4 a slice of cheese and ketchup

And I went for a walk for like 2 hours and did sit ups.

the fruit was a mix of watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, and grapes

Favorite Answer

Now, you have a good weight...

Information Entered

Age: 16 years

Sex: Girl

Height: 5 feet 5 inch(es)

Weight: 107 pounds

Results

Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 17.8, placing the BMI-for-age at the 14th percentile for girls aged 16 years. This teen has a healthy weight.

If you lose 8 pounds, you'd weigh 99 pounds and be underweight.

Information Entered

Age: 16 years

Sex: Girl

Height: 5 feet 5 inch(es)

Weight: 99 pounds

Results

Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 16.5, placing the BMI-for-age at the 3rd percentile for girls aged 16 years. This teen is underweight and should be seen by a healthcare provider for further assessment to determine possible causes of underweight.

Women’s Basal Metabolic Rate:

655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

655 + (4.35 x 107 pounds) + (4.7 x 65 inches) - (4.7 x 16 years old)

655 + 465 + 305 – 75 = 1,350 calories.

You’re not eating enough because you ate under your BMR which is 1,350 calories in your case. Eventually your body is going to adapt and lower your metabolism. What you ate today is not even 800 calories. I’m hoping you intend to walk for 2 hours for the rest of your life, or you will be making fat reserves very easily, as soon as you decide to eat normally again. Walking is great for weight maintenance but at 107lbs, you would burn about 60 calories per mile and need to walk for 58 miles before you lose one pound of fat reserves (3,500 calories of exercising)!

Also, do not do sit-ups. Sit-ups are bad for the back and do not target the abs as well as crunches, which are safer and much more efficient. And exercise your whole body, not just your abs.

You do not need to lose weight. If you have visible fat reserves deposits, you might be skinny-fat so you need to lose your fat reserves deposits (doing aerobics) and gain muscle mass (doing weight training, calisthenics and using small weights). Muscle mass take 3 times less space than fat reserves (for the same weight) so you get thinner, toner and stronger.

If you can walk for 2 hours, you surely can jog a little. Get your heartbeats in your HRT zone (Heart Rate Target) and a get a good sweat.

At 5’5, you could go down one size, doing aerobics and weight training, eating enough to cover your BMR (so you don’t end up with a metabolism down the drain), in about 3 months without even losing weight, just getting a lower fat body percentage. Losing 10 pounds of fat reserves would have the same results (going down one size), but then you’d be underweight and weak, because you would not have the extra muscle mass.

First off, you are UNDERWEIGHT for your age and height.

You are still young and growing, so don't worry about your intake. As long as you are active, and eat healthy most of the time, you shouldn't have to fear about getting fat. I will not say that you will not grow, because you will- like ALL 16 year olds... You will probably get a little taller and grow into a more feminine physique.

If you start dieting now, you will ruin your body for LIFE. The younger you start depriving your body of nutrients, the easier it is for your body to develop Osteoporosis, affect your ability to have children, and cause you to have other health problems.

And don't think because you are not "old" you can't Osteoporosis. I have it at 23 years old because I dieted when I was underweight in the first place.

So, if this is an ongoing issue, please GET HELP. You will only do more damage in the long run.

Source(s): Fitness and Health Enthusiast.

I'd say you ate a good amount today.

Honestly, 107 lbs is probably a healthy weight for you.

But, if you want to be stick skinny.. fine.

Source(s): Me.

Your Body mass Index is 17.8. Average range for healthy adults is 19-25.

Eat food. Your ideal weight is about 122 pounds.

Source(s): The internet. http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm My BMI is about 20, jsyk. ^-^

you need to gain a few pounds. losing 8 lbs would be way too much. youd be anorexic. im 5 foot and 105 lbs. and im actually underweight. you need to talk to someone.

You are already underweight... and you want to lose MORE weight? Really?? You didn't eat enough today....if you continue this, you will become anorexic and have vitamin deficiency

NO you ...honey your brain washed yourself....YOU underrate eat this to complete your diet..smoothie with plain yogurt strawberries and banana no sugar

You're already kind of anorexic, and you need to eat more and not lose weight!! !! D:

WTF? u didnt eat at all!!!! life is too short to start making diets, go to a steakhouse or sumthin