dad chooses new family over me...?

(sorry for punctuation) I'm a guy.

I'm tired of my dad letting me down. I'm 16. I don't live with my dad. I lived with him for the summer and like they have no standards. I was the cleanest out of all of them they didn't take care of themselves and didn't keep their rooms clean. that included my dad it was ridiculous how dirty they were. I'm lazy but I have standards. I live with my mom. My dad left me when I was younger for about a year iI know it was a long time. He said "he was getting his life together" Finally after all that time i see him again. He takes me to meet his new family. He has a new wife and a stepson(18) and stepdaugther(16). They bully me and i've told him about it and he just laughs. To me he shows more care for them than he does for me. His house is super dirty they have a dog that pisses on everything and there never clean it up. I don't like spending nights there because of how dirty it is. I alays have to sleep on the couch because i have no room there or even at least a guest room. They are more active i would say than me because there in rotc/sports and have really high rank and i was in rotc and quit because i didn't want to do it and then my dad wouldn't talk to me for over a month. Now my dad is saying he;s gonna help me get a driver license and teach me to drive. It's been nearly 3 months since he said that. he only took me driving twice but has taken my stepsister dozens of times. Christmas came by and he didn't get me anything but they got ipods and everything. my birthday passed and he didn't do anything for it. There birthday came and he went all out. Another christmas and birthday of mine go by and he does the same thing. I know I'm 16 but I can't find a job and have tried. I'm tired of this and when i try to talk to him about it he takes it like its a joke. he calls me names like nerd and stuff. I've tried multiple times. I'm to the point where I'm thinking of cutting him out of my life if he's going to be that way. What should i do and how would you feel if you were in this situation?

Favorite Answer

I feel your pain man, my dad also left us when we were younger. I tried to get him involved in my life but he didn't care, he just loved his new family and his new wife, he wouldn't pay a dime into my education or support me in anyways. I am now 29 years old.the last time I talked to my dad was a decade ago.

I am now a Financial Analyst with a Masters I have several designations and licensing. I have totally shut my father out of my life, he's still in contact with my sisters but not me and my brother because he's probably scared of us, since we are both over 6'5 and 250 lbs.

But it's your call Bro, I didn't like my dad, he was always mean and degrading to me and my mother. The day he was gone I was happy, the day he was home I always hid from him, because I was scared he would beat me or cuss me out. So I don't really care about the guy anymore, I just thank my lucky stars that I am here today, and I am alive.

Peace Bro and good luck to you.

get him out of your life! don't talk to him or call him or in the summer don't go and see what he does! see if he calls you or says something like i miss you talk to me! show him you mean it when you say hey im you daughter too and right now i feel like you treat me like trash and that your not kidding!!! good luck! if ya need more help email me!! :)))!

Think, with out this man would you be here, His the person who put u to this world

• creed

sounds like you're following in your father's footsteps by deciding to 'cut him out'..much like he did your mom, & his family??? like father, like son, I'guess...try not to pick favorites & try getting out with your friends more often...when dad comes by, dad comes by..you've got other 'teachers', & other people who you can share your life with...try not to take them for granted...they have a place for you...good luck!!