Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Are Ace Bandages Waterproof?

Yesterday, I sprained my ankle pretty bad. So today, I went to Walgreens to buy an Ace Bandage to wrap it up.

After putting it on, I started to wonder to myself, "Is this thing waterproof? I just used all of it."

Please let me know if it IS.

If it isn't, please explain a way for me to keep it ON while I shower.

Thank you very much :)

Thank you for your information Creed!

As for why I was PLANNING on wearing it in the shower: stupidity.

Before this sprained ankle, I have had no "serious" injuries.

Therefore, I did not know (and did not stop to think), that the Ace Bandage could be removed and re-used later.

Again, thank you for your answers.

• creed
    Favorite Answer

the ace comes off during the shower;; you didn't mention WHY you are wearing the ace;; if you're wearing it to cover & keep a bandage still on your ankle, it's actually the wrong way to go cuz it will already expose it to too much moisture;; if you have no wound, you are better off sitting in the shower (use a patio chair if you have to), & move the ankle while directing the shower head on it;; if you have a wound & can't get it wet, sorry, but the saran wrap won't protect it..either keep the leg out of the shower (again, sitting, with leg out), or go purchase the 'baggies' from the drugstore that are purposely made for this...still have to be careful....good luck!! but sponge baths will do the job...& yes, aces get soaked in the shower, may even end up sticking to you...

• ruddie

Ace Bandages

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are Ace Bandages Waterproof?

Please let me know if it IS.

If it isn't, please explain a...

Source(s): ace bandages waterproof: https://tr.im/YqasK

The problem is they don't let your skin breath so u can get rashes if u don't replace the bandage a couple of times a day. U can try compressive socks if that makes it easier for u

You can wrap a garbage bag around it with some duct tape will keep it dry in the shower. Your foot is going to start to smell after a while though :) Use baby powder!

i think so but your fott may get a rash or somethign

No.