What is a good side dish for ravioli?

Tonight my daughter her cousin and myself, (they are 12 and 14) are going to make some homemade bread and homemade ravioli and a homemade light strawberry desert dish. There will be an assortment of ravioli fillings; crab and cream cheese, cheese, ground beef, italian sausage, and probably a spinach. we are making... show more Tonight my daughter her cousin and myself, (they are 12 and 14) are going to make some homemade bread and homemade ravioli and a homemade light strawberry desert dish. There will be an assortment of ravioli fillings; crab and cream cheese, cheese, ground beef, italian sausage, and probably a spinach. we are making it all tonight and cooking/serving it tomorrow, so it needs to be something either quick and easy or that can be refrigerated after prep and before cooking... also I am looking for something a little more inventive than salad please. Thanks!!
Update: Jeff, You Rock!! one question: my daughter doesn't care for fresh tomatos is there a possible substitute?