my friend = online dating help please?

well my best friends 14 and shes been online dating im not sure wtf is up with that but whatever so yeah we live here n calli and i guess the guy dose too he seems really charming and sweet and hes supossably "17" but he wont give anyone his number or make a video of him self so im not sure if i should call him fake the ive seen a pic of him and hes adorable but im like dang if your that cute what are you dating online for?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

ask your friend if you can chat with him or meet him some time, then you'll find out

answer mine please :D

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiVUS...

• 4 years ago

This is so so so dangerous for anyone, especially a 12 year old. She is so young still to do this kind of stuff. There are ways that sexual predators can get a hold of a kid. This almost happened to my cousin, (She is 13) Luckily, a cop got involved and got the guy. He was 36 and married. I am not saying that online dating does not work. Not at all! There are plenty of happy endings like this, however; it is a lot riskier than meeting someone, face to face. Maybe your friend lacks self confidence and feels shy (maybe)! Keep a close eye on her. YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR MOM! I applaud you for being such a good friend!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Online dating is not safe for a 14 year old!

As technology becomes more ingrained in our everyday lives, more people are turning to the Internet for social purposes. And over the past few years, this has become a more accepted form of communication. Friendships are formed and relationships made online.

But just how much trouble is it to join the online dating sites? And is it safe?

A few years ago, there was significant attention placed on those who turned to online dating. Consumers were warned that the sites were unsafe, used by predators who were looking for victims. But increased attention to security and awareness on the part of those using the services has made an incredible difference.

Safe Online Dating - http://www.valentine-shop.com/safe-online-dating.h...

• 10 years ago

NO DON'T PURSUE HIM... it's soooo dangerous. My best friend was just involved with an online man who said he was 18 when really he was a 50 year old creep. Luckily her mother got involved and somehow found out. His picture was hot too but he didn't actually look like that in real life obviously... so please be careful and instead of online dating go out and meet somebody. Good Luck!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

you can't really judge the person's preference once you meet them. Its not your problem that he's into online dating.. Maybe he finds meeting online matches his time and need. that's all, why don't you try it. It won't do you harm if you try.

Source(s): www.ecupids.net - 100% Free Online Dating
  • 10 years ago

He is because he is worried that he doesn't look that good. Or he is trying to test his looks to see how many girls he can drag in, like a salad bar.

• Smurfy
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Stranger danger

WTF is wrong with your friend?

He is more than likely a big hairy old perv with a belly the size of Grimsby!!

Smack her one please

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.