How to amend 2009 taxes to claim first time home buyer tax credit?

we filed 2009 taxes already. we closed on our house 4/20/10. to claim the first time home buyers credit, do i just amend the 2009 using a 1040X and fill out home buyer form 5405? and mail this with a copy of our HUD? it just seems like i am missing something?
6 answers 6