How come the "history" Channel in the USA never shows any Chinese history?

Isn't it funny that it calls itself the History Channel when it doesn't even show any Chinese history? LMFAO...

Have the Westerners ever heard of China? You know, the country and civilization that is about about 5000 years old, and stuff? Is this why none of them know anything about China and its history? One answer I saw on here made me laugh so hard. This girl was saying how Korean and Japan were the center of East Asian civilization..LMFAO..

Best Answer

History channel is mostly about US-related history so while it does show Chinese history it won't be as often. History International does show Chinese and Eastern history regularly.

Two Things:

1. I doubt China spends any considerable amount of time teaching their people about US history (or any history other than China for that matter).

2. They always have Chinese history on the USA History Channel. Check the TV guide or something. I just saw something a little while back about the Great Wall.

Source(s): I watch History Channel all the time.
  • Kayla

To those of us outside the USA there is 3 Very very very Biased Media outlet's that Blatantly Lie about the USA by Hiding the truth History channel Military Channel Fox it is the order of congress that the USA must show its people in a Good Light That is why i cannot find anywhere that actually shows the Signage put up in My city in May 1942 "" WHITES ONLY"" put up by US servicemen on the Order of Eisenhower to raise the US White mans moral I saw them so it is a fact

YOU MY FRIEND are sleeping. I learned all about dynasties in China from the history channel. I have no clue what your talking about here. They even go japan history as well. I admit there is a reason why they call it the "hitler" channel but still. They show a lot of asain history. What about the Mongol Empire? Im not sure what your watching. But watch a little more of it. I bet its even on youtube for that matter.

• Because for all of their 5000 year history they still have not learned how to treat their people right and are still a 2nd world country that is just now waking up to the fact that there is an entire globe of other countries, and we don't like how the government runs things in China.

(Google just bailed on China because of the idiots that run it)

For the same reason nearly every program that comes on tv in China is all about WWII (but only about how the evil Japanese came in with no mention whatsoever of the battles anywhere else) or ancient China and nothing is ever taught about American, British, French...actually, any history other than that of China. Why don't the Chinese know anything at all about any history or any culture other than their own?

LOL. Go on and thumb me down. You know it's true.

Source(s): Work and live in China

And I'm sure Chinese televion dedicates all of it's air time to showing US history?

The channel does show Chinese history. But it's an American network, it's priority is American history.

Deal with it.

Because all the producers, directors and writers on the History Channel are white.

Its basically a white channel. All our teacher at school are white as well, so we learned American and European history.

They did, I just saw one a day ago. It was about the china wall.

They have stuff about China.

I saw something about gunpowder and rockets awhile back, and it focused on the Chinese.