Metal Fans: Are you swayed by reviews of Metal albums?

I'll be honest, I'll come across metal bands on metal-archives, and see high ratings for some albums and check them out because of that (also sometimes won't check out albums if they have a 40% rating or something) Of course, i'll still make my own opinion once hearing the album, but i do find... show more I'll be honest, I'll come across metal bands on metal-archives, and see high ratings for some albums and check them out because of that (also sometimes won't check out albums if they have a 40% rating or something)

Of course, i'll still make my own opinion once hearing the album, but i do find myself picking certain albums to check out based on the reviews....Not sure why as alot of the people on EM are pretty snobby.

MQ: Do reviews effect what albums you listen to?
MQ2: What are some albums that you would agree with the reviews?
MQ3: What are some albums you disagree with the reviews?
BQ: whats the highest rated album you have seen on metal-archives, or any other metal site?
I think i saw Evoken- Antithesis of light has 9 100% ratings