Virus Problem In Windows 7????Low Internet Speed???????

I have windows 7 build 7600 installed.

I also have an unlimited internet connection with a maximum speed of 256 kbps(which I rarely gets).

Two-Three weeks ago I tried to download a file via torrent and suddenly its speed decreased.

And when I checked after sometimes I also found that my entire Internet speed had reduced to half(almost 30-35 kbps). I often get 60-70 kbps always although I have a max. speed of more than that.

I suspect a virus Might Have done it...Two months back when I try to download the same file(OSCAR Award Function) I got this exact same problem... Now only I understand that it is because of this file.. But it was solved then when some anti-spyware/malware/adware software detected a backdoor.trojan and I removed it.

Now I cannot detect it...

I used the following antivirus turn by turn.

Avast Internet Security 5.

Bitdefender Total Security 2010.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.

And Also The Following anti-spyware/malware/adware softwares.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Free Spyware Adware Scanner Remover

Spybot - Search & Destroy

And some other softwares too.

PS.Yesterday when I was running too many programmes including a download manager(Internet Download Manager/IDM) all the programmes became unresponsive except IDM(Maybe because it consumes less memory). Every programme including explorer.exe restarted.On my screen was IDM at that time and when I saw its speed I was really shocked It was upto 140 kbps...

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN...........................

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Close all torrent programs, open command shell and type netstat -b. It will show programs that use internet (you might want to play with the switches). Google each program if you do not know its names.

I would guess it is due to firewalls integrated into one of security programs you got. It might be especially true if you got running more than one.

2

Source(s): Amazing Protection Antivirus Software - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?bnRd

You should try using MSCONFIG in Windows XP to disable some of the unnecessary programs that automatically load on start-up. Disabling these programs will help your computer boot faster and crash less.

1. In Windows XP, go to Start > Run

2. Type MSCONFIG in the "Open:" box and then either press enter on your keyboard or click on the OK button.

3. This launches Microsoft's System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab (the tab at the far right).

4. This takes you to a page with a list of "startup items." Startup items are programs that are automatically loaded every time you turn on your computer. Some startup programs are absolutely necessary, others are simply a waste of RAM.

Remember, disable only those programs that you recognize and don't need to have running all the time. When in doubt, leave it on.

5. Click on the OK button.

6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click on "Yes" and your computer will automatically reboot.

7. That's it! Your computer should now boot faster and crash less.

And you should also update our Antivirus software and run a virus scan,

If the problem persist contact support http://www.unlimitedtechnicalsupport.com

Hey there,

Even if an internet supplier advertises an internet connection as unlimited it can still be subject to capping(reducing the speed of your connection for a period of time, if you have downloaded over their limit.) This is because there is a fair use policy which allows them to cap you even though it is advertised as being unlimited.

You should try checking the small print and see if there is any more information. If you cannot find any, you should try contacting your ISP to see if they have been capping you. I highly doubt that a virus would be slowing your internet connection speed.

I hope this helps,

Andy

• george

well...

too many programs mate

installing and unistalling all time????????

I cant imagine how much JUNK you have in your computer

you better dont do that again

installing all softwares to get rid of something which maybe doesnt exist?

do an online antivirus check first of all

if nothing found then get rid of all the programs you dont need and all the files that you dont use anymore

leave at least 20 GB free space on your hard drive

then do a defragment

then do a file system checl

if all that dont help

do a SYSTEM RESTORE opening in safe mode

Hi,Akshay (Chindhu)

There are 3 step to repair windows 7 virus error

My friend had the same problem with you. I am sure your computer has registry problems.It is very easy to repair windows 7 virus error. you just need 3 steps:

1: Download a registry cleaner and install it.

2: Open the registry cleaner and scan you computer for free.

3: Click fix button and you done.

Download the top windows 7 virus error repair tool here:http://www.RepairErrorHelp.com/ttfix-windows_7_vir...

okay okay listen carefully :P

Torrents are a peer-to-peer download program which means you wont get a constant 250kb or so it fluctuates by whos uploading. if there are more seeds (a lotmore) than peers you will most likely get 250+kb

And some ISP's (internet service providers) do not allow people to use torrents at there full speed, because it takes up bandwidth for example cox highspeed internet is all one big "Party line" which means everyone has to share the internet, so if your hogging it all from torrents they will slow you down for a little while.

i suggest try talking to your ISP for more details on why you do not get your full internet speed

www.speakeasy.net/speedtest go here to find your true speed for your internet connection

it will tell you your max download rate and your max upload rate.

Source(s): www.speakeasy.net/speedtest

The solution for you is reinstall your windows and reinstall your internet drivers and scan your system with Original and updated kaspersky 2010.

• MrZip

sounds as though you may need to factory reload.clean up your system,and do not run but 1 anti program at the time,the norton 360 is a very good one.i do not know why it is so slow,what speed are you paying for???they have to provide that speed to your system,(by law)i am running 6mg all the time,really happy with it,yes you guessed it right,it is cable//////

ur spped is very slow coz 256Kbits is ur spped

u should be lucky that u r getting 30Kbybes as for 256Kilo BITS u get 25-28 kiloBYTES

there is a difference

my internet commection is 10MBits/S and i get a download speed of 1Megabyte