Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 10 years ago

Does this tattoo should shite?

ok so i have wanted a tattoo for years, but always been too indecisive about what to have, finally after years of thinking doodling and getting the guts i have decided...

i want it to mean something, and i want it to represent my mum who died 10yrs ago.

she was into native indians, so i have decided on a feather, i want it quite simple so i think im going for more of an outline (maybe with shading), rather than a more detailed feather (plus i hear that tattoos "bleed" over time so it may end up looking like a smudge)

i wanna keep it quite feminine so i want to add some swirling.

i have decided on having it on the side of my foot as 1, i think its an "attractive place to have it and 2. where ever i go my mum will walk with me!

im designing it myself and am prepared to wait as long as it takes to get it perfect!

good/bad idea....any advice on designing my own

and any advice on tattoo shading?

Favorite Answer

I think it's a nice idea, especially the part about having your mom walk with you wherever you go, that's sweet. The design itself sounds nice, if you are good at drawing then I would do what you've already been doing, keep on doodling. Draw the feather all different ways, with or without swirls, details or less details, try it with and without shadow, try it in different positions, all this will help you figure out which way you want it to face on your body, how big you will want it to be, whether it should be just an outline or not, whether it should have shading or not...experiment on paper so that you will have a better idea of what you want versus what you don't want when you go in to talk to your tattoo artist. When you've doodled enough and have a good idea of what you're looking for, have a good chat with your artist when you first go in and talk to them about what they can do. Make sure if you're using shading, that that artist is good at shading, make sure they understand what you're going for, but most of all I would say just keep up the doodling. I doodled and re-doodled my idea for years before I finally decided on my tat, and I couldn't be happier with how it came out.

Just be thorough. Try to map out any design you might be interested in so that you have looked at it from every angle.

Amen brother. But those younger ladies most effective are living for the right here and now. They lack the vigor of foresight. As any person above mentioned, this is a fashion, and an dangerous and silly-one at that. But ultimately, nobody can hinder yet another kind self-damage. Liberty isn't synonymous with intelligence or typical experience.