Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

Whats the movie name?Takes place NewZeland,Biker type parents,drink alot,Uncle rapes...?

...daughter,she hangs herself fromtree

Around 1995 New Zeland, sound Australian when they talk,they drink alot of 40oz. bottles of beer. She wrights a note before she kills herself telling her Dad about everything. He reads it in a bar where him and the Uncle are drinking the Dad breaks a bottle and stabs the Uncle and there a crazy fight/killing. The Dads a big guy!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

Excellent movie, violent though.

Once Were Warriors (1994)

Runtime: 1 hr 42 mins

Genre: Dramas

Synopsis: One woman tries to keep her family together despite her violent, alcoholic husband. Based on the novel by Alan Duff. Made in New Zealand. For Jake and Beth Heke, life in their suburban ghetto... One woman tries to keep her family together despite her violent, alcoholic husband. Based on the novel by Alan Duff. Made in New Zealand. For Jake and Beth Heke, life in their suburban ghetto is going from bad to worse. Jake's just lost his job, their delinquent teenage son Boogie has to appear in court and they can't make ends meet with five growing kids. Late that night, they host another one of Jake's raunchy drinking parties while the children lie awake in their bedroom. When their oldest son asks for money, which Beth discovers Jake has gambled away, it ignites a vicious argument that Jake solves by giving Beth one of his brutal beatings. The tide of violence continues to ebb and flow in the Heke household until a terrible tragedy makes them confront the dysfunctional state of their family.

Starring: Rena Owen, Temuera Morrison, Mamaengaroa Kerr-Bell, Cliff Curtis

Director: Lee Tamahori

• 10 years ago

Definitely Once were Warriors. Stars Temura Morrison as Jake 'the Muss' and a few other people who along with Morrison (Jango Fett, Yay!) himself, went on to have roles in the Star Wars Prequels.

There's also a sequel to it called 'What becomes of the Broken Hearted.'

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

only New Zealand film i can think of that involves people being stabbed is "Once Were Warriors" to be honest i have no idea if it is or not, i hope its some help.

• Jill
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Actually I feel like a gangster in a cowboy movie.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.