Ron asked in SportsBoxing · 10 years ago

pacquiao vs paul williams who wins?

All this talk about mayweather vs paul williams what about pacquiao vs paul williams who would win?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • D.A.
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

Williams.

This would never occur as Williams is a much larger fighter and his reach/speed will even keep Manny at bay.

• David
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Paul Williams

• teodor
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Physically, Paul Williams is a welterweight freak as Manny is a boxing freak as far as strength and punching power are concerned. Assuming Paul could still make the welterweight limit without problems, I think his height and reach advantage would be a big problem for Manny to neutralize. We are not yet even talking here of Paul's awkward, difficult style which would make it hard for Pacquiao to sustain any meaningful onslaught both on the inside and out. Manny hasn't fought as big and hardy and highly skilled and talented opponent as Paul who at 6'3" is rangier than Thomas Hearns but minus the Hitman's chilling power ( that could only be the one thing that Pacquiao could be thankful for ). Pacquiao's chances of a win over a foe like Williams are as iffy as his chances of a win against a fast and wily opponent as Floyd Mayweather. We will never really know until they meet in the ring.

• 10 years ago

Paul Williams will be a tough fight for Manny because he's is too big for Pac. He's got the body of a natural middleweight so even if the fight is pegged at 147, he'll surely come in huge - around 168 - at fight night. However, Pacquiao will still win because of his speed and higher skill level. If he'd fight Williams the way he fought Oscar - going in and out and not brawling - Manny would win by decision.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Aside from the built, the height difference is enormous. Manny needs to take a high jump to hit Williams in the face. Funny match up.

Anyways, at 147, Williams could possibly be a walking skeleton. There and then, Manny maybe able to break Paul's ribs with mutliple power punches. Manny by KO in the later rounds.

• 10 years ago

I don't know, that's a tough one. Can Pacquiao deal with the height and reach? Manny is already an undersized welterweight and Williams is like the biggest welter ever. But dropping down to 147lbs. could potentially hurt Williams. One thing about Williams though is that he is not hard to hit, he likes to mix it up so if that's the case then Manny would have a good chance. I say Manny by decision, or Williams by decision, either one.

• Sean G
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Sergio Martinez showed us that the way to beat Williams is movement. Manny has a lot of movement and speed. Paul's work rate would make things hard for Manny but who wants to get into a slugfest with Manny...who has crazy power and a good chin. Due to Paul's reach Manny would have to take a few shots to get to Paul but once inside he won't have much trouble hitting Paul. Paul isn't very elusive at all. I believe Manny can win this by late...like 10th round...TKO.

• 10 years ago

Bad fight at 147 whether Pac wins or lose. If Pac beats him the best explanation would be that WIlliams was too dehydrated. Let Paul Williams prove first that he can reach 147 without draining himself then he can challenge either Pac or Floyd.

• 10 years ago

William's manager said it best..."that guy is so small he can only hit his private area". Which is the case as I see it and most of the fans see it. So my question to P-Will and his team would be, if you know you have a huge height and reach advantage, why call Pac out? That makes P-Will look like a pu$$y if you ask me.

• 10 years ago

Williams - his height and reach would cause so many problems for Pacquiao. Plus Williams has taken shots from Margarito's cement fill hands and kept coming, I would think he could handle Pacquiao shots no problem.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.