Batting in Cricket, Harder today, or in the Years Past?
Harder in the "Good Old Days"
1. No Helmets - Would you be hooking and Pulling courtney Walsh, Curtley Ambrose, Jeff Thompson Dennis Lillie with no helmet? How many players have been hit on the head today, those Injuries would have been Crippling. Don't forget a top edge up into the face, and believe me, that hurts.
2. Uncovered Pitches - I know this was a fair while ago, but Pitches these days are flat tracks, great for batting and offering precious little for the bowlers. An Uncovered Pitch could do Absolutley ANYTHING
3. Smaller Bat Sizes - This should be obvious, in the Older days, you had to absolutely smack the crap out of the ball to even get a 4, let alone a 6, these days, top edges, miss timed shots, easily get over the boundary rope. Look at the Bats People like Bradman used, i wouldnt even make a fence out of them, there so thin and tiny. 500 Six's in a tournament? Thats stupid, before you would be lucky to get 5.
4. Same Caliber Bowlers as today. Look at the Legends of bowling in the past, the days where batting was Tough. Wasim, Walsh, Ambrose, Lillie, Thompson, Jim Laker, Waqar, Harold Larwood.
People who say "Spin Bowling has been found out" clearly have no knowledge of cricket - Jim laker 10 wickets in an innings, 19 in a Match.
5. Grounds were Just as big, and they didnt have the boundary rope 5M inside the fence, think of all those ball that would have been caught if that rope wasent brought in just that small amount, Many 6's only JUST go over the rope.
Batting is Harder today-
... Cant think of any?