What do people dislike so much about Michael Lynche?

I've been reading things about American Idol and I'm surprised that people don't like Michael Lynche. He's a great singer, has a fantastic voice, and does a solid job from what I've seen so far. His voice is very captivating, and yet it seems like a lot of America feels he doesn't deserve to... show more I've been reading things about American Idol and I'm surprised that people don't like Michael Lynche. He's a great singer, has a fantastic voice, and does a solid job from what I've seen so far. His voice is very captivating, and yet it seems like a lot of America feels he doesn't deserve to win.

He hasn't done anything to show that he shouldn't be in this competition, and yet gains scorn. I'm not a guru or anything, but if he wins American Idol, I wouldn't be surprised; he would deserve it. I just don't see what makes him worse than the other contestants (Though I haven't watched American Idol for a while, so I can't make a full fledged judgment; who knows, maybe I missed some bad performances?) So, why don't some people dislike him?
Update: Thanks for the input. It's sort of weird that people are looking at something that has nothing to do with his "TALENT." He's not there to display his personality (though our celebrities should have some humility), he's there to show he's a good singer. So what if he's a nice guy,... show more Thanks for the input. It's sort of weird that people are looking at something that has nothing to do with his "TALENT." He's not there to display his personality (though our celebrities should have some humility), he's there to show he's a good singer. So what if he's a nice guy, anyway? Shouldn't people enjoy that?
1 answer 1