Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 years ago

BBQ chicken wings sauce?

I always mix the Krafts BBQ sauce (original) with some ketchup and honey then coat the wings with it..

But my problem is that doesnt STICK to the wings...it seems to slide right off..

Any ideas on how i could make it thick and stick??

Like those traditional thick sauce covered BBQ wings...

Best Answer

I love this BBQ Sauce:

BEST HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE (and easy too)

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup of either pineapple or orange juice

1 cup ketchup

2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 teaspoons salt

1/4 cup Riesling (optional)

Instructions:

1. Stir all of the ingredients (except wine) into a saucepan. Heat just long enough to dissolve the sugar.

2. Remove from heat. Add wine. Mix well.

3. Pour over chicken or pork chops to marinate for several hours. Grill or bake as desired.

Recipe from: http://www.cheers2wine.com/cooking-with-wine.html

• Tracey

Wicker's BBQ Sauce From Country Bumpkin This vinegar based barbecue sauce works just as well as a mop. INGREDIENTS: 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar 1 teaspoon black pepper 2 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar 4 teaspoons chili powder 1 teaspoon dry mustard 1 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin PREPARATION: Combine all ingredients and cook for 5-10 minutes to dissolve spices. Use as a marinade and basting with your favorite BBQ recipe.

• Sonya

I don't see why a sauce wouldn't stick to either grilled, baked, or fried wings. Hm. Well, to enhance my sauce, I like to actually add mustard and brown sugar and then heat it up. I toss my wings (usually fried, they have a crust to suck up the sauce) in the heated sauce and let the wings sit to soak it up. They still maintain crispiness.

brown sugar is a good call...it will add the right texture and consistency to the sauce and that stickiness necessary to make the wings you want!