Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Are Liberals Happy The Federal Government Is Taking Control Over the Internet?

Today, the FCC is announcing the Federal government is taking over the internet. How do liberals feel about the Federal government taking control over the internet?

Favorite Answer

Straight from the NY Times:

F.C.C. Push to Regulate Broadband Is Expected

By EDWARD WYATT

WASHINGTON — The chairman of the Federal Communications Commission will try to regulate broadband Internet service despite a recent court ruling that the commission had limited powers to do so.

This story's also right on front page section A of the WSJ.

You people should educate yourselves before spouting off.

For the most part this legislative push seems to be trying to fix something that's not broken. So if there's a push to fix what's not broken, what's the real motive?

Obvious... with only one ruling power it would be a dictatorship. The same thing would happen if conservatives just suddenly disappeared. The one thing I can guarantee... despite political affiliation (liberal, conservative, etc) when a ruler wields absolute power he/she does everything in their power to maintain it. That's why the right to disagree with the ruling power is such an essential part of our nation's continued existence. "On the conservative side, how about fighting and defeating the U.S.S.R.? Without that, none of your liberal 'accomplishments' would be in existence because we'd all be under Soviet rule." I guess we're forgetting that the closest this country ever came to war with the Soviet Union was when John Kennedy (a liberal) was in office. Nice, my friend, nice.

I can't say. I'd like to have more specific information about what exactly the FCC plans to do before deciding whether or not I like it. Got a link? I couldn't find any story about this on the major news websites. If you could direct me to where you found this information, then I won't assume conservatives are making up more lies.

LOL! DO you people really think everyone is as uniformed as you.

The federal government has changed some loop holes to enforce laws that already exist and they are moving to expand broadband coverage in the US. This is a far cry from taking over the internet, and it might suprise you to know the Federal Government actually made the internet in the first place.

Apparently you are incorrect, but I am sure Rush, Glenn and the rest will be making stuff up about this later today

"I directed the FCC General Counsel and staff to identify an approach that would restore the status quo--that would allow the agency to move forward with broadband initiatives that empower consumers and enhance economic growth, while also avoiding regulatory overreach," he said. "In short, I sought an approach consistent with the longstanding consensus regarding the limited but essential role that government should play with respect to broadband communications."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20004313-266.htm...

There is far to much dissent floating around out there, our supreme leader must protect us from those who would take him from us. The fringe groups like the tea party, and boy scouts only threaten our new order! We must quell all of the "free speech" in as many places as possible.The internet can be used for hope and change but should never be used to speak out against his greatness Barack Hussein Obama!

No government will ever successfully control the internet.

The FCC would be e-bolished before it could possibly dig its statist harpie claws into the web.

They are not taking control of the content of the Internet. Only regulating access lines. With all due respect, I think you might be over your head on this one.

They been trying to do that for years and now they got the ability. Dont buy into the liberal/conservative **** its just childish and the elite want sheep like you to think like that. Illuminati wants to control all aspects of your life.

Let's just go ahead and name it what it is. The Communist States of America. That's where the liberals want us to be. They won't stop until they destroy free market capitalism once and for all!