Pain Medications for Gallstones?

Hi. I have a questions regarding gallstone pain. I dont have a gallbladder, I had it removed December 09. Currently I am going through the same pain, I went to the ER and the doctor gave me some Norco 7.5's because she thinks I still have one. (Pain the upper abdomen under my lung, spasms, nausea.) I am trying... show more Hi. I have a questions regarding gallstone pain. I dont have a gallbladder, I had it removed December 09. Currently I am going through the same pain, I went to the ER and the doctor gave me some Norco 7.5's because she thinks I still have one. (Pain the upper abdomen under my lung, spasms, nausea.) I am trying to get a referral to see a surgeon because I dont want to go through all of the tests AGAIN, personally I would rather go through surgery and have them remove the gallstones in the duct. Yesterday I was seen by a doctor who not only refused to give me meds for the pain, but he wanted to treat me for an ulcer..... (Not too impressed) so I am refusing his treatment. I understand all the hype and the hullabaloo that comes with Narcotic pain killers but I hate to say it... it works.... I just want to know what else someone in my situation could use, and see if there is something else.. I dont want to look like a druggie, but they work, and I just want to stay on them until they get rid of it through surgery. Am I wrong? I went through this when the cut my gallbladder out.