Are Christians supposed to be alone?

In the bible, Jesus talks about eunuchs and says that some have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom's sake. To those who hear, let them hear. Then the Apostle Paul says that he thinks it is better to be single and that married people care about the things of the world and singles care about the things of... show more In the bible, Jesus talks about eunuchs and says that some have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom's sake. To those who hear, let them hear. Then the Apostle Paul says that he thinks it is better to be single and that married people care about the things of the world and singles care about the things of the Lord.

I'm just curious to see what other Christians think. I know a lot of really faithful Christian women who are alone b/c they honor the biblical principles of celibacy, etc.

Serious answers only please.