WDYT of the name River for a boy?

My boyfriend really loves the name River for a boy and says he wants to use it if we have a son in the future, I'm not too sure.

What do you think of it?

He likes the combinations;

River Ace.

River Dean.

River Henry.

River Grayson.

Or as a middle name he likes;

Caleb River.

Nikolai River.

Orion River.

Opinions?

Thanks in advance,

-- Elodie & William ♥

[We are NOT expecting nor plan on having children for a while, we just like discussing names]

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Skye
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

I love this!! haha I am glad I'm not the only one who is planning names way before having kids : )

River is an amazing name, and perfect for a little boy. I like River Henry best. Orion is another one of my favorite names and Caleb is really cute too. Both of them sound great with River. I'd choose River Orion or Orion River though because then both of his names will have a lot of meaning behind them. Good luck!

vote on our polls please?

http://www.babycenter.com/403_which-name-for-my-br...

http://www.babycenter.com/403_do-any-of-these-name...

• 10 years ago

I really like River! I think it's cute. I like River Dean the best of your boyfriend's combos.

Also, personally, I would only use River as a first name and not a middle name. When it's used as a middle name it kind of sounds like you named your kid after a river.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I LOVE the name River! <3 I wouldn't use it for a middle name, just because the names of Rivers are always "Fraser River" or "Thompson River" ... the idea is to not make the kid sound like a name of a River, if that makes sense.

What I love about it is the V sound ... which is why I also like the name Harvey <3

Out of his combinations, I like River Henry because Henry is another one of my favorite names, and River Grayson because the two names flow nicely together. <3 And actually, River Dean is cute too :)

• 10 years ago

River Phoenix

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I like River Grayson and Nikolai River. I think out of those choices I prefer River as a middle name. But I love the name.

• aaa
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

I luuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvve the name River [sorry for the extra long 'love', I just like it a lot].

It's #2 on my list =)

River Grayson is gorgeous for a boy ^_^

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Its not bad as a first name but I tend to like more masculine first names for boys. River Dean is good.

I really like Orion River-awesome name!

• 4 years ago

My friend's baby boy is named River. He is bald with brown eyes and big for his age (8 months). I think of the name as being kind of "hippie-ish" and don't like it myself.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I really don't like the name River, unless it's a last name.

• 10 years ago

i thnk its really really cool! :)

River Henry & River Grayson flow really well!

i also LOVE the name Orion but Orion River has a looot of R's in it

really i like all the first names, just Orion is my favorite Nikolai is cool though :]

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.