cellogrl asked in SportsRunning · 10 years ago

How many miles do you run during an average cross country practice?

Favorite Answer

Training definitely varies from school to school.

On days when you run LSD (long slow distance) you may range anywhere from 6-10 miles.

Some days you might run 3-6 mile tempo runs or run hills and do speed training.

Over the summer at my school we train to build up our mileage and run around 5-7 miles.

But remember every schools program and coaches are different.

if you are not used to running long distance 8 miles may sound like a crazy long run but trust me .. it's not really that long once you're out there.

10

8

In my freshman year we went up to 9 miles. We had one day in my sophomore year that we went 14 miles, though this was on a saturday and we brought water in our coach's car. Prepare yourself by being able to run up to 4 miles with a single stop at the 2 mile mark to stretch some more and do some sprints. Before I quit out of hatred of waking up at 5 am to run during summer, we would run a couple miles up into the hills, then do a bunch of repeats; that's sprinting a certain distance, and jogging at a normal pace back down. Then you have about two seconds to really breathe, and you're sprinting back up the hill. It took a couple weeks to get used to in my freshman year, but most of us got used to it. Practice is slower pace though, unless you intend to kick *** during meets. Meets are a standard 3 miles in which a good time is under 18 minutes. I barely broke 20 at my best before I started ditching the meets.

you would run 6 to 8 miles each practice

Well, we do a 1-1.5 mile warm up and a 1 mile cool down.

In between it varries, long runs are anywhere from 2-6 miles.

If we are doing speed workouts its usually a good 3 miles.

Source(s): I ♥ XC

6-9 miles

Hello, just wanted to mention, I loved this discussion. valuable answers

• ...

2 on super easy days and 7 on hard.

But I'm only in middle school... So, yeah....

10 kilometers... Donno how much in miles ^^

But it also depends on what im training for. 5km or 10km race etc...