promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How would one enter into a parallel universe?

For sci-fi grounded in the most feasible quantum physics theories, how might an individual in the present day, with or without the use of a ship, enter into a parallel universe?

Update:

Edit: Okay, so for the sake of this scenario, let's just say they do exist and it's provable. With that as the foundation, same question is posed. Thanks :)

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have a theory based on quantum physics.

You see, for my science yr 9 competition, we had to choose any topic in science and write an essay. I stupidly thought i could master quantum physics at KS3

What i found out was very interesting...

you see, in quantum physics, there are 10 dimensions and within those dimensions are realms. A study into the properties of particles in the vacuum of space complicates our view of space.

According to rutherford's experiments, we see that some particles disappear in gold leaf. However, this poses new questions. Of course, Rutherford helped discover the nucleus of an atom, however could there be other gaps in the space time curvature that could create dimensions.

Think of space as a geometric pattern that is created along a curved line. This curved line would represent space-time curvature. Now imagine repeating a pattern so that it seems 10 dimensional. Of course we cannot imagine this. Perhaps we can see gaps between the geometric lines, symbolising realms or pathways.

This could lead to a parallel universe.

This is one theory. It may be scientifically inaccurate, but it does fit in with the idea of the T.O.E, Supersymmetry and other theories. Also, it is based on observations. As particles travel into space, they seem to disappear, like a barrier of some sort that leads to a parallel universe or in other words a realm.

Personally however, i think that believing an entire person could enter these realms is impossible, improbable according to our facts and observations. So far we have seen single particles can pass through realms. But can we possibly send a full piece of living matter such as a human into a realm.

Even if we could, we need to send the human flying way faster than lightspeed or perhaps faster to be able to create enough energy to pass through a realm. The reason why astronauts and shuttles don't disappear is because they are not fast enough or plainly to big. Particles are not divisible to any smaller particles, before we go into sub atomic elementary particles etc.

I'm not even sure where a particle goes when it disappears or seems to travel somewhere. We can only call this realms.

In basic, certain anomalies prove the existence of realms or a parallel universe, but we're not yet sure whether we can go through them. Facts just show the movement of particles in space to other realms. It may be impossible. Some form of sophisticated technology can traverse the space time curvature, like in doctor who.

Generally since you say for sake of argument that it is provable, we really, or nobody really knows the true answer. Even leading minds in science have incredible doubts with quantum physics. It is so radical that if proven, our view of nature is COMPLETELY changed. Literally. Our view of existence would get pretty complicated. We have no idea and so we cannot assume anything without making it up (sci fi)

I believe that you need a really powerful energy source to produce enough energy to open or allow you to pass into a realm, part of the 10 dimensions.

This is my theory, sorry if it is not correct, but i have used facts from what i have researched.

hope this helps! :)

Source(s): teachers tv. com - in search of giants - brian cox's explanation of quantum theory may have the answer
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Parallel Universe Travel

• 4 years ago

No, I don't think that's likely. Dreaming does serve to remind us, however, how much of our life experience is created by our own minds. In a dream our senses are controlled by our mind; every solid object is an illusion, time changes speed, distances have no set measurement, and even the way we see ourselves can change from scene to scene. Of course, in the waking world, these things happen differently, but much of our experience is still based on our minds ability to "fill in the blanks" so to speak. At any given moment, our senses can only perceive a small part of the picture we call "reality", but our mind fills in the rest, making it negotiable and lending it substance. Without this ability we could never do something simple like walk while reading, describe a face from a profile, or appreciate art. This powerful tool of our mind isn't completely instinctive, either. A baby playing "peek-a-boo" is a demonstration of how our mind's powers of persistance and closure are tools that must be developed through training. I don't imagine dreams to be some kind of portal to an alternate reality, but I do think they can give us many insights into this one. Dreams remind me how the world we experience is mostly illusion, and that our minds have a powerful ability to navigate around corners using such mental constructs. Dreams are spiritual, too- if for no other reason than that power to remind us what an amazing and special experience it is to be alive and aware in this incredible world.

• 6 years ago

Try Quantum Jumping by Burt Goldman and

All of Dr Bruce Goldberg Audio Programs

quantumjumping.com

drbrucegoldberg.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

According to some studies there are some gateway or portal in some places that can open the door to another universe or dimension, but that is portals are by chance, example in the cave, forest, cemetery, some buildings or even in your own house, they say that it is already exists since the beginning of time, a freak of nature.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not really feasible without the use of powerful psychedelics.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

going back in time and making one, (which would make a new "branch" off of history)

ripping a hole in the fabric of space,

or just getting a genie to get you there and back with a wish to spare!

• Tom S
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Make a right turn at the third dimension.

• 1 decade ago

don't know probably way beyond our technology but it sounds like a 30th century mission. for them it be like us trying to get to mars now.

• 1 decade ago

I've heard that there are parrallel universe's that are so tiny that they could be inside of you or in something else.

Source(s): i'm smart
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.